* heading alignment
@ 2002-06-20 14:27 Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-20 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Consider the following:

\setuppapersize[letter]
\setuplayout[backspace=1.5in,width=middle,height=middle,location={middle,singlesided},marking=off]%
\setuppagenumbering[location=footer,alternative=singlesided]
\setupindenting[medium]

\starttext
\chapter{Test}

\DroppedCaps {} {cmbx12} {\baselineskip} {0pt} {0pt} {2}%
This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test

\noindent
This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test
This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test
This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test

This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test
This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test
This is a test This is a test This is a test This is a test

\stoptext

Upon texexec, note the following:
1. The chapter heading is not by default aligned with the left margin. How do
I do it?

2. The dropped cap is not aligned with the left margin and, upon careful
inspection, it does not appear to lined up with the Chapter heading either,
nor even the indentation;

Can someone help me sanitize this situation? Using the default format file.

Best wishes
Idris

--
Dr. Idris S Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: heading alignment
@ 2002-06-20 21:17 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2002-06-20 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris S Hamid <ishamid@attbi.com> writes:

Good evening,

> Consider the following:

[...]

> Upon texexec, note the following:
> 1. The chapter heading is not by default aligned with the left margin. How do
> I do it?

here it is aligned. Note that all the digits have the same width. The
1 is as wide as the 4. Make some chapters and see that the 4 is left
aligned. Also make a \showframe and

\def\mynumber#1{\ruledhbox{#1}}
\setuphead[chapter][numbercommand=\mynumber]

to show the box of the number. (Hans, how tight is the rule in
\ruledhbox to the real box?)

> Can someone help me sanitize this situation? Using the default format file.

Sorry, no help here.

Patrick

--
I'll fade into the darkness

* Re: heading alignment
@ 2002-06-20 22:35   ` Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-20 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 20 June 2002 15:17, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> > Upon texexec, note the following:
> > 1. The chapter heading is not by default aligned with the left margin.
> > How do I do it?
>
> here it is aligned.

U r right. Sometimes the screen-display can play tricks with your eyes:-)

This still leaves the dropped caps problem.

Thnx 4 your help!

Best wishes
Idris

--
Dr. Idris S Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: heading alignment
@ 2002-06-23 12:12   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-06-23 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:17 PM 6/20/2002 +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

>\def\mynumber#1{\ruledhbox{#1}}
>\setuphead[chapter][numbercommand=\mynumber]
>
>to show the box of the number. (Hans, how tight is the rule in
>\ruledhbox to the real box?)

it is layed over the box content, so the line falls within the boundingbox

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: heading alignment
@ 2002-06-23 13:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-06-23 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 08:27 AM 6/20/2002 -0600, Idris S Hamid wrote:

>2. The dropped cap is not aligned with the left margin and, upon careful
>inspection, it does not appear to lined up with the Chapter heading either,
>nor even the indentation;

looks like a space delimiter problem in the font mechanism (very rare
situation), i will look into it (quick patch works ok here, but needs testing)