* 2 challenges:-)
@ 2002-06-20 23:03 Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-20 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here are a couple of challenges:

1. I want to drop the capital `I' so that its baseline is flush with the
basleline of the line in the narrower environment:

Im\={a}m `Al\={i} (A) is reported to have said,
\blank[medium]
\startnarrower[2*left,2*right]\noindent
{\em A beautiful script magnifies the perspicuity of truth.}
\stopnarrower
\blank[medium]

2. I want to set the text in the itemize environment so that it is
[2*left,2*right] like the example above, with the bullets at the default
distance to the left of the text in the itemize environment (so the narrower
and itemize envs will be in mutual harmony). I tried
\setupitemize[1][2*left,2*right2] im my env file but that does not appear to
do anything.

Best wishes
Idris
--
Dr. Idris S Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: 2 challenges:-)
@ 2002-06-23 12:10 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-06-23 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:03 PM 6/20/2002 -0600, Idris S Hamid wrote:
>Here are a couple of challenges:
>
>1. I want to drop the capital `I' so that its baseline is flush with the
>basleline of the line in the narrower environment:
>
>Im\={a}m `Al\={i} (A) is reported to have said,
>\blank[medium]
>\startnarrower[2*left,2*right]\noindent
>{\em A beautiful script magnifies the perspicuity of truth.}
>\stopnarrower
>\blank[medium]

eh i see no drop caps here ..

>2. I want to set the text in the itemize environment so that it is
>[2*left,2*right] like the example above, with the bullets at the default
>distance to the left of the text in the itemize environment (so the narrower
>and itemize envs will be in mutual harmony). I tried
>\setupitemize[1][2*left,2*right2] im my env file but that does not appear to
>do anything.

you can set width/margin/distance

also there is

  \startitemize[2*broad] etc

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: 2 challenges:-)
@ 2002-06-23 22:38   ` Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-23 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

----^---

> eh i see no drop caps here ..

That's because I don't know how to do it in the way described:-) I want to
drop the `I' indicated above. Any suggestions?

> >2. I want to set the text in the itemize environment so that it is
> >[2*left,2*right] like the example above, with the bullets at the default
> >distance to the left of the text in the itemize environment (so the
> > narrower and itemize envs will be in mutual harmony). I tried
> >\setupitemize[1][2*left,2*right2] im my env file but that does not appear
> > to do anything.
>
> you can set width/margin/distance

How exactly? Forgive my ignorance!

>   \startitemize[2*broad] etc

I tried

\setupitemize[2*broad]

but this appears to do nothing.

Let me pull things together, since I mentioned an itemization problem in
another mail:

Here is my itemization setup (it works; thnx!):

\setupitemize[1][symbol=m]
\setupitemize[2][symbol=KA]
\setupitemize[3][symbol=KR]

In addition, I'd like the textblock of level-1 of itemization, _regardless_
_of_ _symbol_, to always be [2*broad], so that if I ever say, e.g.,

\startitemize[symbol=1]  %for bullets

I'll still get the right textblock width.

So I have to setup two distinct tasks:

1. The default width of the textblock of each itemization level (don't know
what to do);

2.  The default symbol of each itemization level (solved!).

Changing the symbol for a given itemization level should not affect the setups
for  textblock width within that level.

Question: Assuming I get the level-1 itemization textblock width set, do I
have to setup the textblock widths of levels 2 and 3 as well, or does ConTeXt
narrow each succeeding itemization level  as a function of the width of the
immediately higher level?

Idris

--
Dr. Idris S Hamid