* Tooltips in AR5/Linux
@ 2002-06-28  7:45 Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-06-28  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've tried tooltips, but AR5 on Linux only displays a black
box. Thus the text is not readable.

Btw, the tooltip examples and the first fieldstack example in
mwidget-s.pdf are not working with AR5 on Linux. But i remember
that it was working on AR4.05.
Currently for the tooltips only a box is drawn. The second
fieldstack example works, but is not stable, since sometimes
it gives undesired results, for example that two maps with
a colored country are displayed.

are these problems known?

Best,
  Jens

* Re: Tooltips in AR5/Linux
@ 2002-06-28  8:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-06-28  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:45 AM 6/28/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've tried tooltips, but AR5 on Linux only displays a black
>box. Thus the text is not readable.
>
>Btw, the tooltip examples and the first fieldstack example in
>mwidget-s.pdf are not working with AR5 on Linux. But i remember
>that it was working on AR4.05.
>Currently for the tooltips only a box is drawn. The second
>fieldstack example works, but is not stable, since sometimes
>it gives undesired results, for example that two maps with
>a colored country are displayed.
>
>are these problems known?

(1) which version of context are you using
(2) if you use the latest version, can you provide a minimal example that
fails

One of the problems with widgets is their initialization; i changed some
code to satisfy the new policy of pdf but it seems that adobe keeps
changing the initialization order and code. (i still have to download the
latest '5.05 form bug fixes')

Currently i try to init as much as possible, but ...

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Tooltips in AR5/Linux
@ 2002-06-28 10:25   ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-06-28 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:04:38 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 09:45 AM 6/28/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've tried tooltips, but AR5 on Linux only displays a black
> >box. Thus the text is not readable.
> >
> >Btw, the tooltip examples and the first fieldstack example in
> >mwidget-s.pdf are not working with AR5 on Linux. But i remember
> >that it was working on AR4.05.
> >Currently for the tooltips only a box is drawn. The second
> >fieldstack example works, but is not stable, since sometimes
> >it gives undesired results, for example that two maps with
> >a colored country are displayed.
> >
> >are these problems known?
>
> (1) which version of context are you using

Uups, sorry. I'm using the current stable 2002/06/05.

> (2) if you use the latest version, can you provide a minimal example that
> fails

% output=pdftex interface=en

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext
\enableregime[il1]

The third \tooltip[middle]{word}{some letters}
of this short text has a tooltip.

\stoptext

This draws on mouse over a black box below the "word"

In mwidget-s.pdf on mouse over nothing happens. But it seems
to be a AR-Linux problem since on MacOS X it works correctly.

> (i still have to download the latest '5.05 form bug fixes')

I wonder if those fixes will be available for Linux too.

> Currently i try to init as much as possible, but ...

The tooltip stuff is not really important for me. I only
want let you know that there are still problems.
Maybe this is a bug in the Linux version, then you can
do nothing.

What i really need are field-stacks, but here i have some
more problems. I will post this in another mail.

Thanks,
 Jens

* Re: Tooltips in AR5/Linux
@ 2002-06-28 12:46     ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-06-28 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:25:37 +0200
Jens-Uwe Morawski <morawski@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:04:38 +0200
> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> > At 09:45 AM 6/28/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> > >Btw, the tooltip examples and the first fieldstack example in
> > >mwidget-s.pdf are not working with AR5 on Linux. But i remember
> > >that it was working on AR4.05.
> [...]
> What i really need are field-stacks, but here i have some
> more problems. I will post this in another mail.

I was able to sort out the field-stack problems. They were all my
fault. (Btw, using equal names for figures and symbols is a good choice
for the practice but not for the mwidget manual.)

Thus i can say that a field-stack definition like the first example in
the mwidget-s manual is also working on Linux with AR 5.05.
Maybe the mwidget-s manual should be re-generated with the current
ConTeXt release.

Jens

* Re: Tooltips in AR5/Linux
@ 2002-06-28 15:00   ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-06-28 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:04:38 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> One of the problems with widgets is their initialization;

Some additional issues for AR5.05 on Linux:

tooltips: are only working when i open the document, close it,
  and reopen it again, using the BACK function (Button, Shortcut).
  Then, without \setupcolors[state=start] the tooltip is the black box
  as mentioned in my former eMail. Using \setupcolors[state=start] the
  tooltip is displayed properly.

fieldstacks: are working only when i reopen the document as
  mentioned above for tooltips.

Thus it looks like an initialization problem, indeed.
But not only, because of the black box<-->\setupcolors[state=start]
problem.

Jens