* Getting PDFTeX to use times and not NimbusRomNo9L-Regu
@ 2002-06-30 17:29 Christopher Cardinale
From: Christopher Cardinale @ 2002-06-30 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Boy, is this list helpful or what!

I have a new question. When I set the document font to Times using
\setupbodyfont[ber,pos,12pt] the resultant PDF files (texexec --pdf
filename) contains an embedded version of NimbusRomNo9L. Is there any
way I can get it to use the native PostScript Times without embedding a
subset. This would help to save space on smaller documents.

Thanks in advance.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

* Re: Getting PDFTeX to use times and not NimbusRomNo9L-Regu
@ 2002-06-30 22:55 ` Christopher Cardinale
From: Christopher Cardinale @ 2002-06-30 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here is the kludge I came up with: go into the
pdftex\config\psfonts.map file and change the entries for "utmr8" to
Times-Roman, and don't include the "<ptmr8r.pfb", entry, which would
cause the font to be embedded. Now my document is 1/4 of its original
size.

@ 2002-07-01  9:59   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-01  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:55 PM 6/30/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Here is the kludge I came up with: go into the
>pdftex\config\psfonts.map file and change the entries for "utmr8" to
>Times-Roman, and don't include the "<ptmr8r.pfb", entry, which would
>cause the font to be embedded. Now my document is 1/4 of its original
>size.

but ... be prepared for bad rendering in teh future since font metrics
change and therefore your metrics may not match future build in times
instances (which is why i alway sembed)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl