* Docbook and Context
@ 2002-07-03 16:13 scarsoluigi
From: scarsoluigi @ 2002-07-03 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I start to work on translating a xml document docbook-conformant
and i really appreaciate any suggestion and information about it.
(sorry for my horrible english)

luigi

* Docbook and Context
@ 2004-11-15 14:14 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2004-11-15 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

There appear to be two programs dealing with conversion of XML Docbook
documents to Context, "Docbook in Context" and XSLT.  the former has not
been updated recently and the latter has documentation dating to 2001. I
have a potential customer who is XML conversant and wants me to set up his
document. He will provide it in Docbook format apparently. He has not
written it yet.

My question: Are either of the existing tools stable, reliable and complete
enough for me to take on this task?  Which is recommended for a one-time
project? What do I need from my customer in addition to the base file of
the document?

I have no interest in becoming an XML guru---I just want to bid on this job
if that makes sense or give the customer a no-bid if I am about to step in
a swamp.

--
John Culleton