* Typing arbitrary text.
@ 2002-07-31 23:20 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-07-31 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to include a complete psfonts.map line in a document.
I tried:
\type{augie8r Augie " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <<augie___.pf
b }

but the compile simply stalled with an asterisk. Probably some special
character in the above string is being interpeted instead of simply being
typed verbatim.

\starttyping and \stoptyping on the same line worked.

So there is some difference between \type and \starttyping. There is no
command that will take arbitrary verbatim text and print it in line.

John Culleton

* Re: Typing arbitrary text.
@ 2002-08-01  7:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-01  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:20 PM 7/31/2002 -0400, John Culleton wrote:
>I want to include a complete psfonts.map line in a document.
>I tried:
>\type{augie8r Augie " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <<augie___.pf
>b }
>
>but the compile simply stalled with an asterisk. Probably some special
>character in the above string is being interpeted instead of simply being
>typed verbatim.
>
>\starttyping and \stoptyping on the same line worked.
>
>So there is some difference between \type and \starttyping. There is no
>command that will take arbitrary verbatim text and print it in line.

By default << >> is treated as grouping inside \type and so you've got an
unbalanced group

try:

\setuptype[option=slanted]

\type{augie8r <8r.enc>} \par \type{augie8r <<8r.enc>>}

\setuptype[option=none]

\type{augie8r <8r.enc <<augie___.pfb }

(ps. now you can add an entry in Rhaban's database -)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Typing arbitrary text.
@ 2002-08-01  8:28 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-08-01  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:20:44 -0400
John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> I want to include a complete psfonts.map line in a document.
> I tried:
> \type{augie8r Augie " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <<augie___.pf
> b }
>
> but the compile simply stalled with an asterisk. Probably some special
> character in the above string is being interpeted instead of simply being
> typed verbatim.

the "<<" is active in \type. But i have no idea for a workaround.

Jens