From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: m-bib, xml, etc.
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:39:40 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi all,

See the questions by Bruce included below. Before I get to actually
doing something with it, I think it is best to outline my plans with
the bibliography module.

1. I intend to switch to using XML as input format, using the
bibteXML DTD (loose format) as definition file.

See http://bibtexml.sourceforge.net for details of this project.

A big advantage of using this is that we can run piggyback on
their bibtex/marc conversion tool :)

I'm not sure whether to keep the current syntax. Advantage:
easy backward compatibily. Downside: more complex code and
possible confusion. Personally, I prefer to drop the support
for the old syntax altogether (perhaps providing a conversion
script?)

2. Add support for citations with tagged data as requested
by Bruce (and previously by other people).

3. At the same time, drop support for latex \cite syntax.
(At that time it is no longer needed), and go for a more
standard context syntax using

	\cite[<id>][<type> or <option=value>]

4. create a bibl-XXX definition wizard (same functionality
   as makebst)

--
groeten,

Taco