* \METAPOST bold
@ 2002-08-06  7:38 Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-08-06  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

a short, and i hope easy, question:

how can i write the logo \METAPOST in bold. The logo
command seems to ignore all font switsches.

and:

how can switch to that font used in \METAPOST for
own texts. (i know that this font contains only 9 glyphs)

Thanks.

Jens

* Re: \METAPOST bold
@ 2002-08-06  9:23 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-06  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 09:38 AM 8/6/2002 +0200, Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

>Hi,
>
>a short, and i hope easy, question:
>
>how can i write the logo \METAPOST in bold. The logo
>command seems to ignore all font switsches.

this is because there is no full range of styles available

>and:
>
>how can switch to that font used in \METAPOST for
>own texts. (i know that this font contains only 9 glyphs)

\definefontsynonym [MetaLogo]            [logo10]
\definefontsynonym [MetaLogoBold]        [logobf10]
\definefontsynonym [MetaLogoSlanted]     [logosl10]
\definefontsynonym [MetaLogoItalic]      [logosl10]
\definefontsynonym [MetaLogoBoldSlanted] [logobf10]
\definefontsynonym [MetaLogoBoldtalic]   [logobf10]

\symbolicfont{MetaLogo}

or

\definefont[RealMetaFont] [logo10]

\RealMetaFont

etc

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: \METAPOST bold
@ 2002-08-06 11:02   ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-08-06 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 06 Aug 2002 11:23:54 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 09:38 AM 8/6/2002 +0200, Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >a short, and i hope easy, question:
> >
> >how can i write the logo \METAPOST in bold. The logo
> >command seems to ignore all font switsches.
>
> this is because there is no full range of styles available

May be ConTeXt can include the definitions/
substitutions (\definefontsynonym) you gave below.
That should help in most common cases.

> >and:
> >
> >how can switch to that font used in \METAPOST for
> >own texts. (i know that this font contains only 9 glyphs)
>
> \definefontsynonym [MetaLogo]            [logo10]
> \definefontsynonym [MetaLogoBold]        [logobf10]
> \definefontsynonym [MetaLogoSlanted]     [logosl10]
> \definefontsynonym [MetaLogoItalic]      [logosl10]
> \definefontsynonym [MetaLogoBoldSlanted] [logobf10]
> \definefontsynonym [MetaLogoBoldtalic]   [logobf10]
>
> \symbolicfont{MetaLogo}

Is there any documentation to this command. I see it
for the first time.

> or
>
> \definefont[RealMetaFont] [logo10]
>
> \RealMetaFont

Thanks. This was my current solution, but i thought that
there is something better already included in ConTeXt.

Jens