* interaction between \tfx and \os
@ 2002-08-12 20:07 Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2002-08-12 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've found a strange interaction between \tfx and \os: when using both
commands in combination the text is smaller than it should be. I believe
the commands were working correctly earlier in the year.

Tested with ver: 2002.7.26. The example output (75k) is at:

    http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/example.pdf

The test shows Computer Modern, Sabon and Jenson examples. It is
particularly instructive to look at the Jenson lines.  My Jenson has no
old-style figures and my typescript simply maps [OldStyle] to the same
font file as [Serif]. So regular and \os text should be the same
characters, but when used in combination with \tfx, the \os text is
smaller.

\tfa works as it should, as does setting the font size explicitly with
\switchtobodyfont.

Here is the source:

* * *

\usetypescriptfile[type-sabon]
\usetypescript[Sabon]

\usetypescriptfile[type-jenson]
\usetypescript[Jenson]

\def\Digits{0123456789}

\starttext
\startlines

% \tfx \os combination text is very small
Computer Modern
normal \Digits\ {\os \Digits}
tfx {\tfx \Digits\ {\os \Digits}}

\switchtobodyfont[Sabon]

% \tfx \os combination text is very small
Sabon
normal \Digits\ {\os \Digits}
tfx {\tfx \Digits\ {\os \Digits}}

\switchtobodyfont[Jenson]

% \os text should be identical to regular, but when
% in \tfx it is smaller
Jenson
normal \Digits\ {\os \Digits}
tfx {\tfx \Digits\ {\os \Digits}} (should be same size!)

% \tfa works as it should
Jenson
normal \Digits\ {\os \Digits}
tfa {\tfa \Digits\ {\os \Digits}}

% setting explicit point size works as it should
Jenson
normal \Digits\ {\os \Digits}
8pt {\switchtobodyfont[8pt] \Digits\ {\os \Digits}}

\stoplines
\stoptext

* * *

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Tales of War
http://sattre-press.com/                       by Lord Dunsany

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-12 20:07 UTC | newest]