* Sections, Bookmarks, etc.
@ 2002-08-05 19:19 Alexandre Enkerli
From: Alexandre Enkerli @ 2002-08-05 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Still trying to convert a syllabus from LaTeX to ConTeXt which generates
several questions that are not answered in cont-eni.pdf, ms-cb-en.pdf, or
LaTeX2ConTeXt.pdf. Feel free to lead me to better doc, especially on setup
parameters.

Is there a way to have section numberings run across higher level changes?
For instance, can the first chapter of the second part be incremented from
the last chapter of the first part?

Is there a way to have section numbers spelled out in (language specified)
text? I'd like to have "Première partie", "Deuxième partie", etc. How about
uppercase roman numerals?

Is there a standard way to have \part typeset a title?

What is the advisable way to get large bold titles?

And finally, is there a convenient way to produce a subset of a large
document and have page and sections numbers carry through?

I also have problems with \completecontent (can't it work in the backmatter
and does it need standard section commands?), (babel-like) language support,
page numbers, PS fonts...

Sorry for all this but it's altogether a fairly time-consuming learning
task.

Thanks.

* Re: Sections, Bookmarks, etc.
@ 2002-08-12 20:39 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-08-12 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Montag, 5. August 2002 21:19 schrieb Alexandre Enkerli:
> Is there a standard way to have \part typeset a title?

I don't know why there's no default part style. You must use
\setuphead[part][style={\ss\bfa}] % or like that

> What is the advisable way to get large bold titles?

see above: use \setuphead[level][options]
e.g. (from a book):
\setuphead	[part]
		[style={\ss\tfc}, page=right, number=yes,
		frame=off, placehead=yes, align=right,
		before={},
		after=\blank]
\setuphead	[chapter]
		[style={\ss\tfb}, header=no, page=no,
		before={\vfill\blank}, after={}, align=right]
\setuphead	[title][chapter] % inherit setup from chapter
\setuphead	[subject]
		[style={\ss}, before=\blank, after=\blank]

Sorry, I can't help with your other questions at the moment.
Perhaps have a look at Bill's beginners page (or at mine, if you understand
german).

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/