* block quotes
@ 2002-09-08  0:09 Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2002-09-08  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Block quotes (using the quotation command?):

i want them to be fully justified, without a first line indent, and
without quotes around them (which despite what the manual says, is not
standard in english AFAIK).  Also, I want the text that follows a block
quote to not be indented (since in essence a block quote is
general--though not always--within a larger paragraph).

How do I set this up?  The manual has examples of using different quote
punctuation, for example, but not none...

Bruce

* Re: block quotes
@ 2002-09-08 13:21 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2002-09-08 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:09:46 -0400
"Bruce D'Arcus" <darcusb@muohio.edu> wrote:

> Block quotes (using the quotation command?):

I use variations of \startnarrower...\stopnarrower for block quotations.
I don't know that I am missing anything by not using the built-in
quotation facilities.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Pagan Papers
http://sattre-press.com/                    by Kenneth Grahame

* Re: block quotes
@ 2002-09-08 14:59   ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2002-09-08 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Sunday, September 8, 2002, at 09:21 AM, Bill McClain wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:09:46 -0400
> "Bruce D'Arcus" <darcusb@muohio.edu> wrote:
>
>> Block quotes (using the quotation command?):
>
> I use variations of \startnarrower...\stopnarrower for block
> quotations.
> I don't know that I am missing anything by not using the built-in
> quotation facilities.

This is what I want; thanks.  So do you define something like a
"BlockQuote" command to use with \startnarrower....\stopnarrower?

Just seems like some of this ought to be in "quotation."  Using
"narrower" doesn't seem ideal conceptually...

Bruce

* Re: block quotes
@ 2002-09-08 15:27     ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2002-09-08 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:59:40 -0400
"Bruce D'Arcus" <darcusb@muohio.edu> wrote:

> This is what I want; thanks.  So do you define something like a
> "BlockQuote" command to use with \startnarrower....\stopnarrower?

So far I've just used the commands directly, but I should define my own
block, using \definestartstop, I presume. My standard block quotations
are indented on the left and ragged right. I have thought of reducing
the interline space just slightly because the narrow measure needs less
leading, but that would ruin the "backing up" of the lines on
double-sided pages.

I recall being a bit confused by the setup and use of \startnarrower and
provided some examples toward the end of my page:

    http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html

-Bill