* Fwd: context mailing list
@ 2002-08-19 13:11 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-08-19 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
From: John Culleton @ 2002-09-16  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Fabrice Popineau

On Monday 19 August 2002 09:11 am, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >To: context-ntg@ntg.nl
> >Subject: algorithms
>
> From: Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr>
>
> >Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:36:41 +0200
> >

> >Does ConTeXt provides any facilities to typeset algorithms ? I
> > don't seem to find anything of this kind with after a quick
> > search. Anybody can help there ?
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >--
> >Fabrice

If the algorithim is expressed mathematically, then all members of the
TeX family share an elegant set of tools for typesetting the formulae
etc.  TeX is the best product there is for that kind of typesetting,
and Context is a part of  the TeX family.

See "The TeXbook" for details.

John Culleton

* Re: Fwd: context mailing list
@ 2002-09-16 13:04   ` Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-09-16 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Fabrice Popineau

On Sunday 15 September 2002 21:08, John Culleton wrote:
> > From: Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr>

> > >Does ConTeXt provides any facilities to typeset algorithms ? I
> > > don't seem to find anything of this kind with after a quick
> > > search. Anybody can help there ?

> TeX is the best product there is for that kind of typesetting,
> and Context is a part of  the TeX family.

> See "The TeXbook" for details.

Well, Fabrice is one of the world's foremost TeXperts (and author of fpTeX
which includes ConTeXt and everything else) so I suspect he had something
much more profound in mind (though I'm not sure what that is;->)

Best wishes
Idris
--
Dr. Idris S Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: Fwd: context mailing list
@ 2002-09-16 19:18     ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2002-09-16 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: John Culleton, ntg-context, Fabrice Popineau

* Idris S Hamid <Idris> writes:

> had something much more profound in mind (though I'm not sure what
> that is;->)

Nothing more than the kind of things you can find in well known
Algorithmics books: bold keywords, math style for mathematical
expressions, etc.

I have found most of what I needed in the current modules to typeset
programming languages.

Regards,