From: John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Installing with texfonts.pl
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:37:58 -0400	[thread overview]

On Sunday 22 September 2002 04:25 pm, Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 03:44 PM 9/21/2002 -0500, Bill McClain wrote:
> >On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 14:44:37 -0400
> >
> >John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> > >  am trying to install a variation of Palatino under anther
> > > name. I copied and renamed the pfa and pfb files. When I pull
> > > the renamed file up in pfaedit it says that the encoding is
> > > Standard Adobe. Which is what in tex-talk, default, ec, or a
> > > player to named later?
> >
> >Looking at the *.enc files, 8a.enc claims to be Adobe Standard
> > Encoding, but several others including the defaul texnansi.enc
> > are close.
> >
> >When using texfont I'm not sure it matters. You new versions will
> > be reencoded to whatever spec you want.
> >
> >I say this one who maintains the right to be ignorant of
> > encodings. I've used the default texnansi for my font installs
> > are all has worked well.
>
> indeed texnansi is the best choice, esp since ec has chars that are
> not present in each font like \c{e} and alike,
>
> Hans

I take the default encoding and the process proceeds more or less
normally. But the results are faulty. If I use the --show parameter I
get about 13,000 lines of error messages! The key message is possibly
the one that says

Warning: pdfetex (file texnansi-raw-cul): Font texnansi-raw-cul at 600
not foun
d.

I tried to run texfonts.pl against Avantgar as is where is. I got an
error message "no afm  files found." Well, this particular font uses
pfm files not afm. The pfm files are in the same directory as the pfb
files. So I am confused.

John Culleton