* background offsets
@ 2002-09-24 11:18 Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-09-24 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

for a screen-document i draw an overlay under the text-area.
The overlay is a simple MP-figure:

fill unitsquare yxscaled(\overlaywidth+6pt,\overlayheight+6pt)
	withcolor transparent (1,0.7,white) ;

This overlay is centered under the text-area giving a 3pt offset
to every side.

I would prefer to specify the offset in the \setupbackgrounds
command:
\setupbackgrounds[text][text][offset=3pt,background=<overlay-name>]

and use in the MP-figure only:
fill unitsquare yxscaled(\overlaywidth,\overlayheight)
	withcolor transparent (1,0.7,white) ;

but this only works for \framed, not for \setupbackgrounds. Why?

Thanks.

Best,
  Jens

* Re: background offsets
@ 2002-09-27  9:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-27  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 01:18 PM 9/24/2002 +0200, Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

>Hi,
>
>for a screen-document i draw an overlay under the text-area.
>The overlay is a simple MP-figure:
>
>fill unitsquare yxscaled(\overlaywidth+6pt,\overlayheight+6pt)
>         withcolor transparent (1,0.7,white)

fill unitsquare xyscaled(OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight) enlarged 6pt ;

>This overlay is centered under the text-area giving a 3pt offset
>to every side.

so it's under the text, then why is it transparent?

>I would prefer to specify the offset in the \setupbackgrounds
>command:
>\setupbackgrounds[text][text][offset=3pt,background=<overlay-name>]

backgroundoffset=3pt

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: background offsets
@ 2002-09-27 10:46   ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-09-27 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:04:44 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 01:18 PM 9/24/2002 +0200, Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >for a screen-document i draw an overlay under the text-area.
> >The overlay is a simple MP-figure:
> >
> >fill unitsquare yxscaled(\overlaywidth+6pt,\overlayheight+6pt)
> >         withcolor transparent (1,0.7,white)
>
> fill unitsquare xyscaled(OverlayWidth,OverlayHeight) enlarged 6pt ;

ahh, so many MetaFun commands i don't know about :)

BTW, i've tried hyperpath, hyperlink but it corrupts my PDF file.
Have you used it successfully?

> >This overlay is centered under the text-area giving a 3pt offset
> >to every side.
>
> so it's under the text, then why is it transparent?

because it looks nice -) Using a transparent white text background
on top of a colored page background gives a not totally white
background for the text. Thus there is enough contrast for the
text but it looks not that flashy.

> >I would prefer to specify the offset in the \setupbackgrounds
> >command:
> >\setupbackgrounds[text][text][offset=3pt,background=<overlay-name>]
>
> backgroundoffset=3pt

in the MetaFun manual is written that offset applies to both frame
 _and_ background. Thus i thought using offset would be enough.

Thanks.

Jens