From: AlterEgo Qasars <quasar@econ.muni.cz>
Subject: Regimes?
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:34:09 +0200	[thread overview]

Good morning once more.

I have to typeset something in TX fonts. It has EC (Cork?) encoding, while
my input has Iso Latin 2 (il2) encoding. It is a virtual font, so
reencoding is not so easy. I found ConTeXt can reencode it itself via
regimes. After some digging in the source coude I included this in my
document:

\startregime [mine]
\defineactivetoken 169 {\Scaron}
\defineactivetoken 171 {\Tcaron}
\defineactivetoken 174 {\Zcaron}
\defineactivetoken 185 {\scaron}
\defineactivetoken 187 {\tcaron}
\defineactivetoken 190 {\zcaron}
\defineactivetoken 193 {\Aacute}
\defineactivetoken 200 {\Ccaron}
\defineactivetoken 201 {\Eacute}
\defineactivetoken 204 {\Ecaron}
\defineactivetoken 205 {\Iacute}
\defineactivetoken 207 {\Dcaron}
\defineactivetoken 210 {\Ncaron}
\defineactivetoken 211 {\Oacute}
\defineactivetoken 216 {\Rcaron}
\defineactivetoken 217 {\Uring} % Velke U s krouzkem
\defineactivetoken 218 {\Uacute}
\defineactivetoken 218 {\Uacute}
\defineactivetoken 221 {\Yacute}
\defineactivetoken 225 {\aacute}
\defineactivetoken 232 {\ccaron}
\defineactivetoken 233 {\eacute}
\defineactivetoken 236 {\ecaron}
\defineactivetoken 237 {\iacute}
\defineactivetoken 239 {\dcaron}
\defineactivetoken 242 {\ncaron}
\defineactivetoken 243 {\oacute}
\defineactivetoken 248 {\rcaron}
\defineactivetoken 249 {\uring} % male u s krouzkem
\defineactivetoken 250 {\uacute}
\defineactivetoken 253 {\yacute}
% \defineactivetoken 254 {\quotedblbase}
% \defineactivetoken 255 {\quotedblleft}
\stopregime
\enableregime[mine]

It works well, but
1) bookmarks now includes some funny stuff
2) \hyphenation causes errors
3) it is hard to use special charachters (like czech double quotes)
because it is in every encoding in another place

Is it possible to improve this behavior? What I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks and greetings.
M.K.