* [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-17 17:01 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-10-17 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I notice that the "active area" that triggers tooltips is a little
misplaced to the bottom right. Is this a "wanted" effect?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-17 23:41 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-10-17 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:01:01 +0200
Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it> wrote:

> I notice that the "active area" that triggers tooltips is a little
> misplaced to the bottom right. Is this a "wanted" effect?

Sorry, i can not answer this, but your question reminded me that
i have also an question about tooltips:

Is it possible to make the whole word an active area for the tooltip
instead of the currently used small area below?

Thanks,
  Jens

* Re: [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-18  7:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-10-18  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:01 PM 10/17/2002 +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>.I notice that the "active area" that triggers tooltips is a little
>misplaced to the bottom right. Is this a "wanted" effect?

yes, has to do with convenient pointing area -)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-18 13:01   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-10-18 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Friday, October 18, 2002 Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

JUM> On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:01:01 +0200
JUM> Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it> wrote:

>> I notice that the "active area" that triggers tooltips is a little
>> misplaced to the bottom right. Is this a "wanted" effect?

JUM> Sorry, i can not answer this, but your question reminded me that
JUM> i have also an question about tooltips:

JUM> Is it possible to make the whole word an active area for the tooltip
JUM> instead of the currently used small area below?

That's precisely what I want, too. Hans? Still "has to do with
convenient pointing area"? It's not very convenient the way it is
now, really ... :D

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Re[2]: [NTG-context] Tooltips
@ 2002-10-18 18:54     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-10-18 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Freitag, 18. Oktober 2002 15:01 schrieb Giuseppe Bilotta:
> JUM> Is it possible to make the whole word an active area for the tooltip
> JUM> instead of the currently used small area below?
> That's precisely what I want, too. Hans? Still "has to do with
> convenient pointing area"? It's not very convenient the way it is
> now, really ... :D

I agree!

And as I tried it last time, the tooltip text was ugly stretched in width.
Don't know if this is possibly fixed in the actual edition.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://www.ramm.ch/context/

* Re: Re[2]: [NTG-context] tooltips
@ 2002-10-21 20:45     ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-10-21 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:56:01 +0200
Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta@iol.it> wrote:

> Monday, October 21, 2002 Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:
>
> JUM> On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:59:31 +0200
> JUM> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> >> i come back to the tooltips later

> JUM> \balloon[placement={below,centered},
> JUM>         frameclass=DropMenu,
> JUM>         opendirection=down,
> JUM>         openaction=OnClick]
> JUM>         {Chapters}
> JUM>         {\placelist
> JUM>             [chapter]
> JUM>             [criterium=all,
> JUM>              alternative=a,
> JUM>              pagenumber=no,
> JUM>              interaction=all]}
>
> JUM> and tooltips are then:
> JUM> \defineballoon[tooltip][...]
>
> I have a draft implementation for this.

will test it later

> By now, the only thing
> that can be configured is the framecommand. I decided to use this
> instead of a frameclass because it's even more flexible
> (with frameclass, you need to define a different frame class for each
> different ballon type, even if changes are small; this way, small
> changes can be applied more easily when defining new tooltips.)

i was thinking that the framedclass= option could mean that the object
inherits the configuration of the framed-class. So

\defineframed[MyFramed][frame=off,leftframe=on,topframe=on,framecolor=red]

can be used as \MyFramed, but even in

\balloon[framedclass=MyFramed,framecolor=green]{...}{...}

This balloon would have the top-frame and the left-frame visible,
but the frame is drawn in green instead of red. Thus you _can_ specify
a framedclass= to inherit a configuration but you have also all
other framed-parameters (see \setupframed) available.

For consistency this should be possible in all objects that support
framed-settings, not only in balloons.

Jens

* Re[2]: [NTG-context] tooltips
@ 2002-10-21 15:56   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-10-21 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Monday, October 21, 2002 Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

JUM> On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:59:31 +0200
JUM> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

>> i come back to the tooltips later

JUM> before i forget it, i would like to give here an additional idea
JUM> about this topic:

JUM> IMO, the whole thing should be more general, maybe by calling it
JUM> 'balloons' or 'balloonwidget'. The usage in \footnote, \tooltip or
JUM> \cite is only an instance of the more general balloon-object.

JUM> For example, i would like to use such a ballon-widget as a
JUM> dropdown-menu in an interactive document that contains
JUM> a list of chapters, ...:

JUM> \balloon[placement={below,centered},
JUM>         frameclass=DropMenu,
JUM>         opendirection=down,
JUM>         openaction=OnClick]
JUM>         {Chapters}
JUM>         {\placelist
JUM>             [chapter]
JUM>             [criterium=all,
JUM>              alternative=a,
JUM>              pagenumber=no,
JUM>              interaction=all]}

JUM> and tooltips are then:
JUM> \defineballoon[tooltip][...]

I have a draft implementation for this.

By now, the only thing
that can be configured is the framecommand. I decided to use this
instead of a frameclass because it's even more flexible
(with frameclass, you need to define a different frame class for each
different ballon type, even if changes are small; this way, small
changes can be applied more easily when defining new tooltips.)

Put the following code in your cont-new.tex file or in your
cont-loc.tex file (whichever you use for customizations), until
Hnas decides to pass it to the core. I hope to come out myself
with more customization options, but I would have to study fields
and co. Maybe I'll leave that to Hans though.

BTW, your stuff seems to more oriented towards what Hans called
"helps" rather than tooltips, but I don't know much about this
feature.

Anyway, here's the code for custom balloons. Hope I didn't
reinvent the wheel ...

===== BEGIN CODE =====
% Redefine tooltips as a subclass of the more generic balloon
% class

\startconstants              all
               framecommand: framecommand
\stopconstants

\def\defineballoon[#1][#2]{%
  \@EA\def\csname#1\endcsname
    {\dodoubleempty\doballoon[#1]}%
  \@EA\def\csname\e!stel#1\e!in\endcsname
    {\dodoubleempty\setupballon[#1]}%
  \setupballoon[#1][#2]}

% Currently only supports framecommand
\def\setupballoon[#1][#2]{%
  \getparameters[balloon:#1:][#2]
}

\def\doballoon[#1][#2]#3#4%
  {\bgroup
   \setupfields[\v!reset]%
   \useJSscripts[fld]%
   \setbox0\hbox
     {\mindermeldingen
      \nextsystemfield
      \trialtypesettingtrue
        \setbox0=\hbox{#3}%
      \trialtypesettingfalse
      \definesymbol
        [\currentsystemfield:txt]
        [{\getvalue{balloon:#1:\c!framecommand}{#4}}]%
      \trialtypesettingtrue
        \setbox2=\hbox{\symbol[\currentsystemfield:txt]}%
      \trialtypesettingfalse
      \definefield
        [\currentsystemfield:txt][check]
        [dummy][\currentsystemfield:txt][\currentsystemfield:txt]%
      \setupfield
        [dummy]
        [\c!kader=\v!uit,
         \c!gebieduit=JS(Hide_Field{\currentsystemfield:txt}),
         \c!optie=\v!verborgen]%
      \hbox to \zeropoint
         {\dimen0\wd2\advance\dimen0 -\wd0
          \doifelse{#2}\v!links
            {\hskip-\dimen0}
            {\doif{#2}\v!midden
               {\hskip-.5\dimen0}}%
          \lower\openlineheight % this needs to be configurable
          \hbox to \zeropoint
            {\fitfield[\currentsystemfield:txt]}}%
      \dimen0=\ifdim\wd0=\zeropoint 3em\else\wd0\fi
      % Should the following be configurable too?
      \definesymbol
        [\currentsystemfield:but]
        [{\framed[\c!hoogte=2ex,\c!breedte=\dimen0,\c!kader=\v!uit]{}}]%
      \definefield
        [\currentsystemfield:but][push]
        [dummy][\currentsystemfield:but][\currentsystemfield:but]%
      \setupfield
        [dummy]
        [\c!kader=\v!uit,
         \c!optie=,
         \c!gebiedin=JS(Vide_Field{\currentsystemfield:txt}),
         \c!gebieduit=JS(Hide_Field{\currentsystemfield:txt})]%
       \lower2ex % this should be configurable
       \hbox to \zeropoint
         {\fitfield[\currentsystemfield:but]}%
      #3}%
  \ht0=\ht\strutbox\dp0=\dp\strutbox\box0
  \egroup}

% Redefines the old tooltip with the new command ...

\defineballoon[tooltip][\c!framecommand={\inframed[\c!kader=\v!uit,\c!achtergrond=\v!raster]}]

===== END CODE =====

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: [NTG-context] tooltips
@ 2002-10-21 13:45   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2002-10-21 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Monday, October 21, 2002 Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

JUM> For example, i would like to use such a ballon-widget as a
JUM> dropdown-menu in an interactive document that contains
JUM> a list of chapters, ...:

JUM> \balloon[placement={below,centered},
JUM>         frameclass=DropMenu,
JUM>         opendirection=down,
JUM>         openaction=OnClick]
JUM>         {Chapters}
JUM>         {\placelist
JUM>             [chapter]
JUM>             [criterium=all,
JUM>              alternative=a,
JUM>              pagenumber=no,
JUM>              interaction=all]}

JUM> and tooltips are then:
JUM> \defineballoon[tooltip][...]

Sounds definitely what we are all looking for :)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta