* FAQ format
@ 2002-10-27 19:07 Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2002-10-27 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

please find below a proposal for a XML-FAQ format. I hope it covers
all suggestions Hans and Henning have made in the last discussions.
More suggestions are welcome.

notes:
- the label= in <contextfaq> can be used for cross-references
- the id= in <author> is a reference to the author database as
  requested by Henning
- the modified= in <revision> should be used to highlight updated
  FAQs in a new ConTeXt-FAQ issue
- there is only one key for sectioning, since IMO the "application"
  should know where this section (specified by id=) is in the
  document tree. This should allow easy reordering of the FAQ
- and a question: what is the better solution for different types
  of parenthesis in TeX code; the 1st or the 2nd <texcode> block?

Tschö Jens.

<contextfaq label="jum-0001">
	<head>
		<author id="jum"/>
		<revision published="2002-10-27" modified="2002-10-27"/>
		<keywords>
			<entry key="clipping">clipping</entry>
			<entry key="clip">
				<tex>clip</tex>
			</entry>
			<entry key="externalfigure">
				<tex>externalfigure</tex>
			</entry>
			<entry key="figure">figure</entry>
		</keywords>
		<section id="graphics-manipulation"/>
	</head>
		<question>
		Is it possible to show only a part of an external  figure?
		</question>
		<answer>
		You can either split the figure in rows and columns in order to show one
		of the resulting segments or you can specify a viewport directly.</p>
		the segment in row 1 and column 2:</p>
		<texcode>
			<macro>clip</macro>
				<sqbracket>nx=3,ny=2,x=2,y=1</sqbracket>
				<braces>
					<macro>externalfigure</macro>
					<sqbracket>yourfigure</sqbracket>
				</braces>
		</texcode>
		<texcode>
			<macro>clip</macro>
				[hoffset=3cm,voffset=2cm,width=4cm,height=3cm]
				{<macro>externalfigure</macro>[yourfigure]}
		</texcode>
		</answer>
</contextfaq>

* Re: FAQ format
@ 2002-11-04 19:03 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-11-04 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2002 20:07 schrieb Jens-Uwe Morawski:
> please find below a proposal for a XML-FAQ format. I hope it covers
> all suggestions Hans and Henning have made in the last discussions.
> More suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.
I wrote something similar in my holidays, complete with DTD and some ConTeXt
conversion environment (but it didn't work yet).
I forgot to copy it from my company laptop to this computer, and I'm "a bit"
stressed by a bunch of more urgent tasks, so a real response will take a
while.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net