From: Bill McClain <wmcclain@salamander.com>
Subject: Re: updates to Help Page
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:56:43 -0600	[thread overview]

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:46:30 +0100
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> >* How to install the FontSite-500 CD font collection for ConTeXt,
> >with an archive of scripts and sample files.
>
> Looks interesting (currently downloading the pdf), how complete are
> those font sets? Regular/Bold/Italic/SmallCaps?

As Bruce says, it varies. There are some pretty complete families, as
can be seen in the pdf catalogs. (I believe the LaTeX installation does
not include all the fonts yet. Mine does, but just takes them as texfont
gives them).

There were complaints on comp.text.tex about poor quality (in some
cases) of specific fonts. I bought the collection to have access to more
titling fonts, as for book covers and advertising. Fonts that are
appropriate for body text are too light for titles.

I will experiment with the book face fonts in the collection, but unless
they really excellent I'll probably buy a licensed version from a font
vendor before using it in a real project. Even if so, it is good to have
a cheap collection for light duty use, mockups, etc.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Tales of War
http://sattre-press.com/                       by Lord Dunsany