* cont-sys.tex or cont-sys.rme?
@ 2002-12-14  0:24 Emil Hedevang Lohse
From: Emil Hedevang Lohse @ 2002-12-14  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the installation manual (minstall.pdf) it is said that if I want to
change the defaults, I have to edit the 'cont-sys.tex' file to, say,
enable '\setupoutput[pdftex]' as default. However, I cannot find the
file. I am using teTeX from Debian 3.0, and when I run 'locate
cont-sys' (after a 'updatedb') I get

  emil:~# updatedb
  emil:~# locate cont-sys
  /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-sys.ori
  /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme

Is this a bug in the installation manual? Note that it make the
changes suggested in minstall.pdf in the cont-sys.rme file; is this
the correct thing to do?

Regards,
Emil

--
Emil Hedevang Lohse <http://home.imf.au.dk/emil/>

Alle spørgsmål er lige dumme.
Og spørgsmålet "Kan ænder flyve?" er ikke dumt.

* Re: cont-sys.tex or cont-sys.rme?
@ 2002-12-14 11:04 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2002-12-14 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

On 14 Dec 2002, Emil Hedevang Lohse wrote:
> In the installation manual (minstall.pdf) it is said that if I want to
> change the defaults, I have to edit the 'cont-sys.tex' file to, say,
> enable '\setupoutput[pdftex]' as default. However, I cannot find the
> file. I am using teTeX from Debian 3.0, and when I run 'locate
> cont-sys'
>   /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-sys.ori
>   /usr/share/texmf/tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme
> Is this a bug in the installation manual?

Not exactly. ConTeXt reads cont-sys.tex, but doesn't include it, since
otherwise your file might get overwritten every time you unzip
cont-tmf.zip. Thus simply copy cont-sys.rme to cont-sys.tex and make the
necessary changes.

Tobias

* Re: cont-sys.tex or cont-sys.rme?
@ 2002-12-14 13:19 ` Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2002-12-14 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday 14 December 2002 09:24, Emil Hedevang Lohse wrote:

In the case of texexec, one edits the .rme file and copies it to texexec.ini .
I think this is what has to happen with cont-sys.tex ; i.e., make the changes
in cont-sys.rme and then copy that file to cont-sys.tex

--
Matthew Huggett

Hiratsuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken
Japan