* Wrong bookmarking, please help
@ 2002-12-20 22:40 varheit
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: varheit @ 2002-12-20 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

Below I have included a document source which causes a lot of trouble.
It includes a split table, which seems to corrupt the bookmarking.
If you click on the links in the bookmark tab in acrobat reader, it
takes you to the wrong pages.

I noticed the ext4 warning produced by pdftex (see log excerpt below),
but I have no idea how to fix this.

In addition, I would like to make the table float. Could somebody tell
me how to set this up with \splitfloat? I tried nearly every setup I
could think of, but without any succes so far.

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Vik

\setupinteraction
  [state=start]
\setupcolors
  [state=start]
\setupTABLE
  [split=repeat]
\placebookmarks
  [chapter]

\starttext

\completecontent

\chapter{First chapter}

\bTABLE
  \bTABLEhead
    \bTR
      \bTH Name \eTH \bTH Favorite color \eTH
    \eTR
  \eTABLEhead
  \bTABLEbody
    \dorecurse{80}{\bTR \bTD Marvin \eTD \bTD yellow \eTD \eTR}
  \eTABLEbody
\eTABLE

\chapter{Second chapter}

some text

\stoptext
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211-2.1 (Web2c 7.3.7x) (format=cont-en 2002.9.9)  20 DEC 2002 23:24
entering extended mode
**&cont-en longtab.tex
(./longtab.tex{f:/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2002.8.23  fmt: 2002.9.9  int: english  mes: english

chapter        : 1 First chapter
! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (name{page:0}) ha
s been already used, duplicate ignored
<recently read> fit

<to be read again>
                   \egroup
\fakePDFpagedestination ...e:\realfolio }}\egroup
                                                  \fi \fi \fi
\actualshipout ...chbox \hbox {\the \everyshipout
                                                  \ifnum \realpageno =\lastp...

\myshipout ...pout {\thisisrealpage \realfolio #1}
                                                  \fi \gotonextrealpage \nap...

\dofinaloutput ...pagebody #1#2\setpagecounters }}
                                                  \fi \the \everyaftershipou...
l.25 \eTABLE
             [1.2] [2.3] [3.4]
chapter        : 2 Second chapter

* Re: Wrong bookmarking, please help
@ 2002-12-21 12:04 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2002-12-21 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On vendredi, déc 20, 2002, at 23:40 Europe/Paris, varheit@gmx.de wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Below I have included a document source which causes a lot of trouble.
> It includes a split table, which seems to corrupt the bookmarking.
> If you click on the links in the bookmark tab in acrobat reader, it
> takes you to the wrong pages.

Hi,

I just tried your source file and got no warning message. The resulting
PDF file has bookmarks which link to the right page (your "1" for
Chapter 1 is in red and links to page 2, and "2" for Chapter 2 is in
green and links to page 5 when opened with Acrobat Reader).
The version of ConTeXt I am using is:
ConTeXt  ver: 2002.10.16  fmt: 2002.12.16  int: english  mes: english

Since I am far from being a CoTeXt hacker I can't say anything more...

Cheers: OK

* Re: Wrong bookmarking, please help
@ 2002-12-21 12:09 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2002-12-21 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On vendredi, déc 20, 2002, at 23:40 Europe/Paris, varheit@gmx.de wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Below I have included a document source which causes a lot of trouble.
> It includes a split table, which seems to corrupt the bookmarking.
> If you click on the links in the bookmark tab in acrobat reader, it
> takes you to the wrong pages.
>
> I noticed the ext4 warning produced by pdftex (see log excerpt below),
> but I have no idea how to fix this.

Sorry for my previous message: I do get a warning but the bookmarks
works fine.
The warning is as yours:

@ 2002-12-21 12:39 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-12-21 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:40 PM 12/20/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>Below I have included a document source which causes a lot of trouble.
>It includes a split table, which seems to corrupt the bookmarking.
>If you click on the links in the bookmark tab in acrobat reader, it
>takes you to the wrong pages.
>
>I noticed the ext4 warning produced by pdftex (see log excerpt below),
>but I have no idea how to fix this.

(not tested, in spec-fdf.tex:)

\let\lastfakedPDFpage\!!zerocount

\def\fakePDFpagedestination % as in pdf, we start numbering at zero
   {\iflocation \ifovercomePDFpage \ifarrangingpages \else
      \ifnum\lastfakedPDFpage<\realpageno
        \bgroup
          \xdef\lastfakedPDFpage{\realfolio}%
          \advance\realpageno \minusone % is \expanded needed ?
          \expanded{\doPDFdestination name {page:\realfolio}}%
        \egroup
      \fi
    \fi \fi \fi}
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Wrong bookmarking, please help
@ 2002-12-21 12:41   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-12-21 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 01:09 PM 12/21/2002 +0100, you wrote:

Sorry for my previous message: I do get a warning but the bookmarks works fine.
>The warning is as yours:
>
>chapter        : 1 First chapter
>! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier
>(name{page:0}) ha
>s been already used, duplicate ignored

normally that warning does not harm too much, but i'll try to find out
where it originates

Hans

@ 2003-01-02 21:00   ` varheit
From: varheit @ 2003-01-02 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: pragma

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 13:39:48 +0100
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> (not tested, in spec-fdf.tex:)
>
> \let\lastfakedPDFpage\!!zerocount
>
> \def\fakePDFpagedestination % as in pdf, we start numbering at zero
>    {\iflocation \ifovercomePDFpage \ifarrangingpages \else
>       \ifnum\lastfakedPDFpage<\realpageno
>         \bgroup
>           \xdef\lastfakedPDFpage{\realfolio}%
>           \advance\realpageno \minusone % is \expanded needed ?
>           \expanded{\doPDFdestination name {page:\realfolio}}%
>         \egroup
>       \fi
>     \fi \fi \fi}

Thank you very much, it helped. The pdftex warnings (ext4) disappeared.

However, the bookmarks generated by \placebookmark[...] still get messed up and
point to the wrong destination.
The document includes some split tables (larger than a page). When I set up
\setupTABLE[split=no] the bookmarking works just fine. But then, the tables
extend well below the bottom of the page, which is not very useful.

Is there any way this might be fixed?

Thanks
Vik