* pdf from pstric module
@ 2003-01-08 18:26 Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2003-01-08 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Two questions about the m-pstric.tex file (version=1997.01.15).

1) When I try to use pstricks to generate a pdf file it stops when it
tries to run dvips. It seems that it tries to run dvips without the -o
flag. That works very well in Windows, but in Linux it will be sent to
the standard printer and not to a .ps file that way (by default. When
commenting out the o |lpr in config.ps it all works), so there is an
error. The -o flag works in windows too (If my memory isn't to bad). So
if there is a way to add that flag I would be happy. Adding the flags
-G0 -Ppdf would be great to I think. That is, the command should be
something like
dvips -G0 -Ppdf file(.dvi) -o (file.ps)

(where the things in () can be left out).

2) I also see in the m-pstric.tex file that only multido, pstricks and
pst-plot are loaded. Is there a way to make it an option what packages
to load. There are alot of nice pstrick packages I think
(pst-3d,pst-fill,pst-char and so on...)

For LaTeX users there is also a pst-all.sty that easily loads all
pstricks packages. A similar pst-all.tex or an option to load them all
would also be nice.

Regards, Micke P