* Xindy interfaced to Context
@ 2003-01-14 16:50 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-01-14 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have completed my project to demonstrate the use of Xindy in
conjunction with Context. The results are available in the following
(identical) collections of files:
http://wexfordpress.com/tex/culleton.zip
http://wexfordpress.com/tex/culleton.tar.gz

I look forward to a more elegant implementation by a more elegant
programmer.  But mine works for now.  :-) Anyone who needs to index a
non-English document in Context (or pdfetex or whatever) need only
create an alphabet file and proceed onward.

--

John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters

* Re: Xindy interfaced to Context
@ 2003-01-14 19:32   ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-01-14 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 22:58, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, does Xindy support XML, such that one could,
> say, use DocBook (with ConTeXt)?
>
> Bruce

Not as such. but the indexing commands could I suppose be interspersed
with the XML code.  My interface uses traditional TeX type macros to
produce a beginning index file, an available translation program to
convert that file into Xindy-speak, and then the Xindy program to
further summarize and sort the index entries. The original creation
macros could be rewritten to resemble XMl I suppose and of course the
output can be reformatted in that fashion also. But no one is working
on that to my knowledge.
--

@ 2003-01-14 22:58 ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2003-01-14 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-01-15 18:06 ` Nagy Bence
From: Nagy Bence @ 2003-01-15 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> programmer.  But mine works for now.  :-) Anyone who needs to index a
> non-English document in Context (or pdfetex or whatever) need only
> create an alphabet file and proceed onward.
Then the necessary extensions to complete the hungarian alphabet :-)

(define-letter-group "cs" :after "c" :before "d")

;; Maybe wrong but understandable. There are only some words
;; beginning with 'dzs' (all from english):
;; dzsungel=jungle, dzsem=jam, dzsentri=gentry, dzseki=jacket...
;; I don't found any words beginning with 'dz' (SMART dictionary).
(define-letter-group "dz" :after "d" :before "dzs")
(define-letter-group "dzs" :after "dz" :before "e")

(define-letter-group "gy" :after "g" :before "h")
(define-letter-group "ly" :after "l" :before "m")
(define-letter-group "ny" :after "n" :before "o")
(define-letter-group "sz" :after "s" :before "t")
(define-letter-group "ty" :after "t" :before "u")
(define-letter-group "zs" :after "z")

Greetings

Bence Nagy