* Re: IRC ConTeXt Channel
@ 2003-01-20 17:55 Lazycode
From: Lazycode @ 2003-01-20 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Berend de Boer,
    irc.freenode.net sounds good. Being able to "register"
  the channel is also a bonus. Last I checked (10:48 AM at
  -7 GMT time), the channel #context has _not_ been registered
  yet. :-)

  My main concern (and thus my hesistation), is whether
  it would be a violation of trademark to use "context"
  as the channel name. Perhaps we should use something like
  "context-unofficial" other suggestions/opinions? Or am I just
  being paranoid here since it's just a channel name, and it's
  running on a non-profit server.

Hans Hagen,
    As a main author of ConTeXt, can you give/get us the right
  to use the channel name "#context", or would you prefer us
  to create it under something else?

Thanks in advance,
--tk

* Re: Re: IRC ConTeXt Channel
@ 2003-01-21  9:23 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-21  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:55 AM 1/20/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Hans Hagen,
>     As a main author of ConTeXt, can you give/get us the right
>   to use the channel name "#context", or would you prefer us
>   to create it under something else?

go ahead and use the name #context

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: IRC ConTeXt Channel
@ 2003-01-21  6:30     ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2003-01-21  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> i leave this initiative to the both of you then (I must admit that I
> don't even know what an IRC is)

Internet Relay Chat, group chatting, interesting for interactive support.

--
Live long and prosper,

Berend de Boer

* Re: IRC ConTeXt Channel
@ 2003-01-20  9:12   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-20  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-01-19 18:43 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2003-01-19 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lazycode <lazycode@linuxkungfu.org> writes:

>   Is there an IRC (Internatl Relay Channel) for ConTeXt? If

No.

> so, which server and channel name? If not, is one allowed
> to form an unofficial one?

I suggest irc.freenode.net to create one, has bot facilities to keep
the channel alive.

--
Live long and prosper,

Berend de Boer

* IRC ConTeXt Channel
@ 2003-01-19  0:10 Lazycode
From: Lazycode @ 2003-01-19  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings!

  Is there an IRC (Internatl Relay Channel) for ConTeXt? If
so, which server and channel name? If not, is one allowed
to form an unofficial one?

Thanks,
--tk