From: Simon Pepping <spepping@scaprea.hobby.nl>
Subject: Re: missing Dstroke & dstroke
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:12:16 +0100	[thread overview]

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 02:22:24PM +0100, Gour wrote:
> I'm slowly getting into using DocBookInContext module for producing PDF output
> out of DocBook sources.

Good to hear you put it to good use.

> One problem which I encountered is that I cannot get proper characters for
> two Croatian national letters: Dstroke & dstroke which are rendered as "D" & "d"
> and I see in mfonts.pdf (Fonts in ConTeXt) manual on p. 22nd that these chars
> are also not properly rendered.
>
> Is it some missing feature in ConTeXt since I remember that similar thing was
> present with LaTeX and it required some special *.sty file since those two
> characters cannot be handled like the rest of TeX accents?

As was discussed some time ago the mapping of Unicode characters in
ConTeXt requires more work. The default encoding uses a simple
compatibility:

enco-def.tex:
\definecharacter Dstroke          {D}
\definecharacter dstroke          {d}

I think it would be a good idea to try to use Sebastian Rahtz's
mappings for LaTeX (texmf/tex/xmltex/passivetex/ucharacters.sty) in
ConTeXt as well.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping