* Presentations in context: Is there a reference manual?
@ 2003-01-28 13:21 Luis Miguel Pires Neves
From: Luis Miguel Pires Neves @ 2003-01-28 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Is there any reference manual for doing presentations with context?

I only got art-pres.pdf but it doesn't give many details.

What is the purpose of \presentationstep? My first attempts using context
didn't show great diferences with and without this command. Is it possible to
define timings for automatic transitions between slides?

Best regards,

Luís Neves

* Re: Presentations in context: Is there a reference manual?
@ 2003-02-01 16:15 ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-02-01 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:21:30PM +0000, Luis Miguel Pires Neves wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there any reference manual for doing presentations with context?
>
> I only got art-pres.pdf but it doesn't give many details.

Thing is, the different presentations work with different mechanisms
(page composed of overlays or layers, sometimes you have Topics and
Subjects, sometimes topics and subjects, and the title is done in a
non-consistent way (see section 4.20 in cont-eni.pdf on an explanation).

ConTeXt makes less effort to hide its tools from the user than LaTeX.
This way, the user has more control, but can less rely on concentrating
on the contents.

Therefore, the best way is to look at the sources of the examples
and see what happens.

Greetings

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing   There is something fascinating about science. One gets
hannes@ruhrau.de  such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a