* de quoteing
@ 2003-01-29 22:41 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2003-01-29 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

I have set: \mainlanguage[de]

But Apostroph is still 6 not 9. How can I change this?

How to change quotation to >> something << and quote to > some <  ?

Thank you for answering this beginer questions

Wolfgang

* Re: de quoteing
@ 2003-01-30  0:10 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-01-30  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini" <wwl@musensturm.de> writes:

(Wolfgang, sorry for receiving this post twice, it is really late ...)

Hello Wolfgang,

> I have set: \mainlanguage[de]
> But Apostroph is still 6 not 9. How can I change this?

The apostrophe should be 9. This is default in the current
version. See testfile below.

> How to change quotation to >> something << and quote to > some <  ?

See the command

\setuplanguage[...][...,...=...,...]

[...]		   nl fr en uk de es cz ..
[...,...=...,...]  see \installlanguage (1)

and

\installlanguage[...][...,...=...,...]

[...]		   <name>
spacing		   packed broad
lefthyphenmin	   <dimension>
righthyphenmin	   <dimension>
state		   start stop
leftsentence	   <command>
rightsentence	   <command>
leftsubsentence	   <command>
rightsubsentence   <command>
leftquote	   <command>
rightquote	   <command>
leftquotation	   <command>
rightquotation	   <command>
default		   <name>

Here is an example file. Note that you need a font that has these
characters available (cmr does not). For the < and > see leftquote
and rightquotation. These are the possibilities for the "french"
quotation marks.

%% guilsingleleft
%% guilsingleright
%% leftguillemot
%% rightguillemot

\usetypescript[berry][8r]
\setupencoding[default=8r]

\setupbodyfont[pos]

\mainlanguage[de]
\starttext

such' doch

%latest beta version for this (german example file):
\input aesop-de

\blank[big]

%your context version should not be too old...
\setuplanguage[de][leftquotation=\rightguillemot,
                   rightquotation=\leftguillemot]

\input aesop-de
\stoptext

Patrick

* Re: Re: de quoteing
@ 2003-02-03 21:09   ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-02-03 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de> [030130 21:39]:
[...]
> such' doch

As Patrick assumes I commit typos on purpose:

This is an example of a misplaced apostrophe, six or nine, no matter.

"Such" and "suche" are both legal imperative forms of "suchen", so
no indication of a missing letter is necessary.

Greetings

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing   There is something fascinating about science. One gets
hannes@ruhrau.de  such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a

* Re: de quoteing
@ 2003-02-03 21:48     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-02-03 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Hüsing <hannes@ruhrau.de> writes:

Hello Johannes ...

> This is an example of a misplaced apostrophe, six or nine, no matter.

uuh, it was just a test if there is anybody out there who really reads
my mails.... ;-)

> "Such" and "suche" are both legal imperative forms of "suchen", so
> no indication of a missing letter is necessary.

OK, you are right. Another try:

Wir treffen uns nach 'm Essen.

Patrick

* Re: Re: de quoteing
@ 2003-01-31 23:06   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-31 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:23 PM 1/31/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
>
>Hello Hans,
>
> >>signature) Hans has very likely a much better way to switch to the
> >>samller font. Too bad \tfxxx is not avaliable...
> >
> > Is there any need for an xxx? it's not that hard to implement that
> > (search for !xx in font-ini and you'll see why), but is it worth the
> > overhead?
>
>I sure had a look in font-ini.tex :). There is no real need. But if I
>know how to get similar results without too many side effects, that
>would be fine. I have used \setupbodyfont [small] \tfxx in a local
>group. I just don't know if this is OK or not (side effects, you know
>:)

\small \tfx is fine and when typefaces are used even not that slow

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re: de quoteing
@ 2003-01-31 13:00   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-31 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-01-30 23:10 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2003-01-30 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

> > I have set: \mainlanguage[de]
> > But Apostroph is still 6 not 9. How can I change this?

Grrr! This was homemade. Some character 0x91 in my inputfile.

> Here is an example file. Note that you need a font that has these
> characters available (cmr does not). For the < and > see leftquote

What about cmsy \ll ? In LaTeX this is used to build \flqq.

> and rightquotation. These are the possibilities for the "french"
> quotation marks.

By texexecing this file, the font utmr8r could' nt be found?!
Should this be available in a standard debian-distribution?

> \usetypescript[berry][8r]
> \setupencoding[default=8r]
>
> \setupbodyfont[pos]
>
> \mainlanguage[de]
> \starttext
>
> such' doch
>
> %latest beta version for this (german example file):
> \input aesop-de
>
> \blank[big]
>
> %your context version should not be too old...
> \setuplanguage[de][leftquotation=\rightguillemot,
>                    rightquotation=\leftguillemot]
>
> \input aesop-de
> \stoptext

Wolfgang