* Footnotes page breaking
@ 2003-02-07 18:29 Robbie Pickering
From: Robbie Pickering @ 2003-02-07 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have an article with a lot of footnotes to be set at the end of the
document.

\setupfootnotes[location=text]

and

\placefootnotes

Works except that the notes don't get broken across pages. See how the
footnotes just go down and off the end of the page.

ConTeXt  ver: 2002.10.23

%snip ---------

\setuppapersize [A5][A4]
\setuplayout [location=middle,marking=on]
\setupfootnotes[location=text]

\starttext

As one who does mostly publications which have tables, I am unimpressed
by the implementations in both QXP and InDesign. However, if I my only
options were to choose\footnote{This is a footnote.} between QXP5 and
InDesign to implement tables, InDesign is the hands-down winner.
InDesign also has layers, and while I can't compare them to QXP5's
implementation, I do like the fact that InDesign's layers are
implemented in the same way as the other Adobe applications. As one who
does mostly publications which have tables, I am unimpressed by the
implementations\footnote{This is a silly footnote.} in both QXP and
InDesign. However, if I my only options were to choose between QXP5 and
InDesign to implement tables, InDesign is the hands-down winner.
InDesign also has layers, and while I can't compare them to QXP5's
implementation, I do like the fact that InDesign's layers are
implemented in the same way as the other Adobe
applications.\footnote{As one who does mostly publications which have
tables, I am unimpressed by the implementations in both QXP and
InDesign. However, if I my only options were to choose between QXP5 and
InDesign to implement tables, InDesign is the hands-down winner.
InDesign also has layers, and while I can't compare them to QXP5's
implementation, I do like the fact that InDesign's layers are
implemented in the same way as the other Adobe applications.}

As one who does mostly\footnote{This is another silly footnote.}
publications which have tables, I am unimpressed by the implementations
in both QXP and InDesign. However, if I my only options were to choose
between QXP5 and InDesign to implement tables, InDesign is the
hands-down winner. InDesign also has layers, and while I can't compare
them to QXP5's implementation, I do like the fact that InDesign's
layers are implemented in the same way as the other Adobe applications.

As one who does mostly publications\footnote{This is a very silly
footnote.} which have tables, I am unimpressed by the implementations
in both QXP and InDesign. However, if I my only options were to choose
between QXP5 and InDesign to implement tables, InDesign is the
hands-down winner. InDesign also has layers, and while I can't compare
them to QXP5's implementation, I do like the fact that InDesign's
layers are implemented in the same way as the other Adobe
applications.\footnote{See Baker, S. 50.}

As one who does mostly publications which have tables, I am unimpressed
by the implementations in both QXP\footnote{This is a silly footnote.}
and InDesign. However, if I my only options were to choose between QXP5
and InDesign to implement tables, InDesign is the hands-down
winner.\footnote{As one who does mostly publications which have tables,
I am unimpressed by the implementations in both QXP and InDesign.
However, if I my only options were to choose between QXP5 and InDesign
to implement tables, InDesign is the hands-down winner. InDesign also
has layers, and while I can't compare them to QXP5's implementation, I
do like the fact that InDesign's layers are implemented in the same way
as the other Adobe applications.} InDesign also has layers, and while I
can't compare them to QXP5's implementation, I do like the fact that
InDesign's layers are implemented in the same way as the other Adobe
applications.As one who does mostly publications which have tables, I
am unimpressed by the implementations in both QXP and InDesign. However,
 if I my only options were to choose between QXP5 and InDesign to
implement tables, InDesign is the hands-down winner. InDesign also has
layers, and while I can't compare them to QXP5's implementation, I do
like the fact that InDesign's layers are implemented in the same way as
the other Adobe applications.\footnote{As one who does mostly
publications which have tables, I am unimpressed by the implementations
in both QXP and InDesign. However, if I my only options were to choose
between QXP5 and InDesign to implement tables, InDesign is the
hands-down winner. InDesign also has layers, and while I can't compare
them to QXP5's implementation, I do like the fact that InDesign's
layers are implemented in the same way as the other Adobe
applications.}

As one who does mostly publications which have tables, I am unimpressed
by the implementations in both QXP and InDesign. However, if I my only
options were to choose between QXP5 and InDesign to implement tables,
InDesign\footnote{As one who does mostly publications which have tables,
 I am unimpressed by the implementations in both QXP and InDesign.
However, if I my only options were to choose between QXP5 and InDesign
to implement tables, InDesign is the hands-down winner. InDesign also
has layers, and while I can't compare them to QXP5's implementation, I
do like the fact that InDesign's layers are implemented in the same way
as the other Adobe applications.} is the hands-down \footnote{This is a
silly footnote.}winner. InDesign also has layers, and while I can't
Adobe\footnote{See website at adobe.com.} applications.\footnote{As one
who does mostly publications which have tables, I am unimpressed by the
implementations in both QXP and InDesign. However, if I my only options
were to choose between QXP5 and InDesign to implement tables, InDesign
is the hands-down winner. InDesign also has layers, and while I can't
compare them to QXP5's implementation, I do like the fact that
InDesign's layers are implemented in the same way as the other Adobe
applications.}

As one who does\footnote{As one who does mostly publications which have
tables, I am unimpressed by the implementations in both QXP and
InDesign. However, if I my only options were to choose between QXP5 and
InDesign to implement tables, InDesign is the hands-down winner.
InDesign also has layers, and while I can't compare them to QXP5's
implementation, I do like the fact that InDesign's layers are
implemented in the same way as the other Adobe applications.} mostly
publications which have tables, I am unimpressed by the
implementations\footnote{This is a silly footnote.} in both QXP and
InDesign. However, if I my only options were to choose between QXP5 and
InDesign to implement tables, InDesign is the hands-down winner.
InDesign also has layers, and while I can't compare them to QXP5's
implementation, I do like the fact that InDesign's layers are
implemented in the same way as the other Adobe applications.

\blank

\placefootnotes
\stoptext

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-07 18:29 UTC | newest]