* Index questions
@ 2003-02-17 18:35 Miller Maley
From: Miller Maley @ 2003-02-17 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have some questions about the index (register) facility in ConTeXt.

1) I like that ConTeXt automatically breaks the index into portions by
first letter, but how do I change the style of the subhead that says
'a', 'b', or whatever?  Among other things, I would like these little
subheads to be uppercase.

2) Sometimes a topic is referenced at two nearby places in the text.
If these places fall on separate pages, I would like the index to
mention both of them.  If they fall on the same page, however, the
index entry is duplicated.  I expected texutil to remove duplicate
index entries when sorting.  Is it supposed to?  (This is not a major
problem; I can work around it.)

3) Likewise (this is a suggestion rather than a question) it would be
nice if ConTeXt automatically transformed a sequence of 3 or more
consecutive index entries (such as 10, 11, 12) into a page range
(10-12).  I realize there is a facility (\startindex...\stopindex) to
get these page ranges manually, so again this is not a major issue.

4) If I have the command \seeindex{foo}{bar} and also \index{foo} on
page 17, it would be nice if the index could say

foo 17
    see also bar

rather than just "see bar".  Is there a way to get this behavior?

-- Miller Maley