* Re: Help : pdf figure is black ! (Maurice Diamantini)
       [not found] <20030304110007.9258.48379.Mailman@ref.ntg.nl>
@ 2003-03-04 15:36 ` Maurice Diamantini
From: Maurice Diamantini @ 2003-03-04 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Maurice Diamantini

> > From: Maurice Diamantini <diam@ensta.fr>
> >

> > I'm trying to switch from Latex + pstrick to latex3 and Metapost=20
> > (alias context :-)
>
> http://www.latex-project.org

Yes, I know context is not latex3, but I realy think it could be !
Thats why I'm going to switch from latex to context.

> Has
>
> \externalfigure[01-problematique.pst.pdf][width=0.4\textwidth]
>
> also the black background?

Yes, that is what is was first tried.

> Can you upload the figure somewhere?

http://www.ensta.fr/~diam/pub/context_test/

- 01-problematique.pst.pdf :
  the figure that now works because I'v haded a first white psframe
  (in the pstricks code)

- 09-coutReduits.pst.pdf :
  A figure that becomme black in context but a small party which
  had a white psframe in it.
  Thank to it I found the previous solution

  The tex/pstricks source for these two figure a provide too.

- ucp_latex_seminar.pdf :
  The final document produiced whith latex + seminar + pstricks
  that I want to reproduice with context + pstrick
  then, later, with either metapost or pdftricks.

- ucp_context_test.pdf :
  the first try whith context and all the black figures

So, I feel the pdf figures are "transparents", but I don't know how
to paint the context background in "white" instead od "black".
But nox, I can add a big white rectangle as the first line of all
pstricks "pspicture".

> > P.S.
> > I think that the "Context" name is a bad choice, because it's
> > difficult to find on the web (to much pages are found)
> > It would be better to name it "ConTeX" !
>
> Are you giving the string "tex" in your search-engine if you
> are looking for TeX?

yes that is how I do (sometimes I also add "pagma")

--
Maurice.Diamantini@ensta.fr      -       ENSTA/LMA
École Nationale Supérieure  de  Techniques Avancées

* Re: Re: Help : pdf figure is black ! (Maurice Diamantini)
@ 2003-03-04 20:54   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-04 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:36 PM 3/4/2003 +0100, you wrote:

http://www.ensta.fr/~diam/pub/context_test/

>- 01-problematique.pst.pdf :
>   the figure that now works because I'v haded a first white psframe
>   (in the pstricks code)
>
>- 09-coutReduits.pst.pdf :
>   A figure that becomme black in context but a small party which
>   had a white psframe in it.
>   Thank to it I found the previous solution
>
>   The tex/pstricks source for these two figure a provide too.
>
>- ucp_latex_seminar.pdf :
>   The final document produiced whith latex + seminar + pstricks
>   that I want to reproduice with context + pstrick
>   then, later, with either metapost or pdftricks.
>
>- ucp_context_test.pdf :
>   the first try whith context and all the black figures
>
>So, I feel the pdf figures are "transparents", but I don't know how
>to paint the context background in "white" instead od "black".
>But nox, I can add a big white rectangle as the first line of all
>pstricks "pspicture".

\setupcolors[state=start]
.... [background=color,backgroundcolor=white]

should work ok

btw, there is a module m-pstricks that some of the users on this list are
using that you can use to directly include pstricks code.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Re: Help : pdf figure is black ! (Maurice Diamantini)
@ 2003-03-04 21:58   ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-03-04 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:36:38 +0100
Maurice Diamantini <diam@ensta.fr> wrote:

> > Has
> >
> > \externalfigure[01-problematique.pst.pdf][width=0.4\textwidth]
> >
> > also the black background?
>
> Yes, that is what is was first tried.
>

> > Can you upload the figure somewhere?
>
> http://www.ensta.fr/~diam/pub/context_test/

> - ucp_context_test.pdf :
>   the first try whith context and all the black figures

only xpdf has the problem with black backgrounds. Using Acrobat Reader
5.0.5 or GhostScript everything is fine.

Jens