* Re: Help : pdf figure is black !
@ 2003-03-05 15:14 Maurice Diamantini
From: Maurice Diamantini @ 2003-03-05 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Maurice Diamantini

Jens-Uwe Morawski said :

> > - ucp_context_test.pdf :
> >   the first try whith context and all the black figures
> >

> only xpdf has the problem with black backgrounds. Using Acrobat Reader
> 5.0.5 or GhostScript everything is fine.

Yes !
xpdf show the pdf figure well, but not the figure in de pdf
file generated by ConTeXt!
No problem with gv nor with acroread :

Thank you very much!

Hans Hagen said:

> \setupcolors[state=start]
> .... [background=color,backgroundcolor=white]
>
> should work ok

It does change anything (see the bug from xpdf)

Hans Hagen said:

> btw, there is a module m-pstricks that some of the users on this
> list are using that you can use to directly include pstricks code.

Thank you: so I find the .../cont-tmf/tex/context/base/m-pstric.tex file
and tried the following code.

    \Topic{Test intégrant du pstricks }

    % pstric
    % \startPSTRICKS[offset=2pt] ... \stopPSTRICKS

    works in both dvi and pdf mode
    \usemodule[pstric]

    A--
    \startPSTRICKS
      \pspicture(0,0)(10,10)
        \dorecurse{10}{\psline(0,0)(\recurselevel,10)}
        \dorecurse{10}{\psline(0,0)(10,\recurselevel)}
      \endpspicture
    \stopPSTRICKS
    --B

But for now, it doesn't work
(but it doesn't mater as I can import pdf file)

--
Maurice.Diamantini@ensta.fr      -       ENSTA/LMA
École Nationale Supérieure  de  Techniques Avancées

* Re: Re: Help : pdf figure is black !
@ 2003-03-05 17:27 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-03-05 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:14:44 +0100
Maurice Diamantini <diam@ensta.fr> wrote:

> Hans Hagen said:
>
> > btw, there is a module m-pstricks that some of the users on this
> > list are using that you can use to directly include pstricks code.
>
> Thank you: so I find the .../cont-tmf/tex/context/base/m-pstric.tex file
> and tried the following code.
>
>     \Topic{Test intégrant du pstricks }
>
>     % pstric
>     % \startPSTRICKS[offset=2pt] ... \stopPSTRICKS
>
>     works in both dvi and pdf mode
>     \usemodule[pstric]
>
>     A--
>     \startPSTRICKS
>       \pspicture(0,0)(10,10)
>         \dorecurse{10}{\psline(0,0)(\recurselevel,10)}
>         \dorecurse{10}{\psline(0,0)(10,\recurselevel)}
>       \endpspicture
>     \stopPSTRICKS
>     --B
>
> But for now, it doesn't work

as in LaTeX PSTricks requires \special to insert the PS-code in
the output. pdfTeX has no \special and that would even not work
if pdfTeX has it, since PSTricks requires the capabilities of a
PS interpreter that pdfTeX not provides. Thus, use PSTricks
with DVI output or PDF and start MetaPosting ;)

Jens

* Re: Re: Help : pdf figure is black !
@ 2003-03-06  9:02   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-06  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 06:27 PM 3/5/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>as in LaTeX PSTricks requires \special to insert the PS-code in
>the output. pdfTeX has no \special and that would even not work
>if pdfTeX has it, since PSTricks requires the capabilities of a
>PS interpreter that pdfTeX not provides. Thus, use PSTricks
>with DVI output or PDF and start MetaPosting ;)

actually, there is some primitive support for simple ps code in pdf, but
not the full thing; not really worth looking into, more meant for special
effects in patterns and so

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Help : pdf figure is black !
@ 2003-03-04 20:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-04 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 11:29 AM 3/4/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>Bonjour à tous,
>
>I'm trying to switch from Latex + pstrick to latex3 and Metapost
>(alias context :-)
>
>For now, I'm trying to reproduice a Latex + Seminar + pstricks slides.
>
>Before to switch to Metapost, I'd like to include the pstricks figure
>as pdf external file (from eps file)
>The figure is OK and I can see it with xpdf or acroreqad.
>
>But when I use it in ConText, the background is all black.
>I've been unable to play whith the  various option :
>
>     2
>     \externalfigure
>         [01-problematique.pst.pdf]
>         [width=0.4\textwidth,
>          % bfactor=0.9,
>          % raster=0.9,
>          background=screen,
>          % background=color,
>          backgroundscreen=1.0,
>          backgroundcolor=yellow,
>         ]
>     3
>
>Any idea ?

   \setupcolors[state=start]

may help

(in the process of making some presentation, you may want to peek into the
s-pre-* files)

@ 2003-03-04 14:06 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-03-04 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:29:42 +0100
Maurice Diamantini <diam@ensta.fr> wrote:

> Bonjour à tous,
>
> I'm trying to switch from Latex + pstrick to latex3 and Metapost
> (alias context :-)

http://www.latex-project.org

Has

\externalfigure[01-problematique.pst.pdf][width=0.4\textwidth]

also the black background? Can you upload the figure somewhere?

> P.S.
> I think that the "Context" name is a bad choice, because it's
> difficult to find on the web (to much pages are found)
> It would be better to name it "ConTeX" !

Are you giving the string "tex" in your search-engine if you
are looking for TeX?

Jens

* Help : pdf figure is black !
@ 2003-03-04 10:29 Maurice Diamantini