From: Simon Pepping <spepping@scaprea.hobby.nl>
Subject: Re: Problems recompiling LaTeX2ConTeXt.tex
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:44:11 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 02:26:51PM -0800, James J. Ramsey wrote:

> --- Simon Pepping <spepping@scaprea.hobby.nl> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:45:24AM -0800, James J.
> > Ramsey wrote:
> >
> > I think you need to add the following lines of code:
> >
> > \setupencoding[default=ec]
> > \usetypescript [serif] [times]
> > [\defaultencoding]
> > \usetypescript [sans]  [helvetica]
> > [\defaultencoding]
> > \usetypescript [mono]  [courier]
> > [\defaultencoding]
> > \usetypescript [berry] [\defaultencoding]
>
> The above didn't quite work. LaTeX2ConTeXt compiled
> without errors, but the fonts were all Computer
> Modern. In addition, the sections of the document
> showing samples of LaTeX and ConTeXt markup had the
> characters '\', '{', and '}' replaced with '"', '-',
> and '', respectively.

I think I forgot the command to activate the new fonts: \rm. Anyway,
if the lines below work, it is OK.

> > Alternatively, you can use the following lines of
> > code, which achieve
> > the same thing:
> >
> > \usetypescript[postscript] [ec]
> > \usetypescript[berry][ec]
> > \switchtotypeface [postscript][rm]
>
> For some reason, the above works just fine.

You sound quite surprised. I believe context's font management is
quite robust. The problem is in the typescripts. There are many of
them, and they only work if they are used in the right
combinations. And there is insufficient documentation of those
combinations. The above postscript typescript and its relatives, with
the typeface definitions in them, are a good step towards integration
of the right combination of typescripts.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
email: spepping@scaprea.hobby.nl