* Re: texexec not finding cont-en
@ 2003-03-18  4:12 Gary
From: Gary @ 2003-03-18  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> OK, thanks to a (completely independent) post that just came in, I see
>> that
>> I have a very old version of TeXexec.
>
>If you're referring to my post, I'd recommend Simon's script:
>
>http://www.hobby.nl/~scaprea/context/#installer
>
>I just place everything -- the script, the cont-tmf.zip file, and the
>version of texexec he has on his site -- in one directory, and run the
>script to install into my ~/Library/texmf directory.  Works like a
>charm.
>
>Bruce

Tried it.  Ran with no apparent problems.  Same result.  I've got something
else to try ...

-Gary

* Re: Re: texexec not finding cont-en
@ 2003-03-18  4:26 ` Gary
From: Gary @ 2003-03-18  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday 17 March 2003 11:12 pm, Gary wrote:
> >> OK, thanks to a (completely independent) post that just came in, I see
> >> that
> >> I have a very old version of TeXexec.
> >
> >If you're referring to my post, I'd recommend Simon's script:
> >
> >http://www.hobby.nl/~scaprea/context/#installer
> >
> >I just place everything -- the script, the cont-tmf.zip file, and the
> >version of texexec he has on his site -- in one directory, and run the
> >script to install into my ~/Library/texmf directory.  Works like a
> >charm.
> >
> >Bruce
>
> Tried it.  Ran with no apparent problems.  Same result.  I've got something
> else to try ...

Got it, finally.  Had to replace texexec in /usr/bin.   uh doh.

Thanks to Patrick, and everyone else who replied.

@ 2003-03-16 23:52       ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2003-03-16 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-03-16 23:43     ` Gary Pajer
From: Gary Pajer @ 2003-03-16 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Patrick,
> Thanks for responding.
>
> > > I've installed the latest ConTeXt beta
> >
> > How? Did you copy the new files over the old ones?
>
> Yes, I downloaded cont-tmf.zip, and unzipped into /usr/share/texmf,
> overwriting everything.

OK, thanks to a (completely independent) post that just came in, I see that
I have a very old version of TeXexec.  I should upgrade.  But where is it?
This page
http://www.pragma-ade.com/texexec.htm
points to the general download page
http://www.pragma-ade.com/download.htm
but I can't tell where TeXexec is located in there.

Regards,

@ 2003-03-16 23:34   ` Gary Pajer
From: Gary Pajer @ 2003-03-16 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick,
Thanks for responding.

> > I've installed the latest ConTeXt beta
>
> How? Did you copy the new files over the old ones?

Yes, I downloaded cont-tmf.zip, and unzipped into /usr/share/texmf,
overwriting everything.

> > I've edited texexec.ini, commenting out the reference to l:/...
>
> You shouldn't need to do this.
>
> > I've edited ... what was it ... fmtedit?? darn, can't remember, but
> > I uncommented two lines that refer to cont-en and cont-nl
>
> fmtutil --edit?

Yes, that's it.

[...]

> Please post the output of `texexec --verb' and the output of
> `kpsewhich cont-en.efmt' and `type texexec'.

Sure thing.  It follows below.
Thanks again for your help,
Gary
[gap2@pcp01974462pcs gap2]$ texexec --verb

 TeXExec 1.9 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2000

     locating ini file : found by kpsewhich
               reading : /usr/share/texmf/context/config/texexec.ini
               setting : 'TeXShell' to 'tetex' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en nl metafun mptopdf' for
'all'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'tex' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpExecutable' to 'mpost' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviToMpExecutable' to 'dvitomp' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviSpecialScript' to 'dvispec' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormat' to 'metafun' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'pdfetex' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXPassString' to '-progname=context' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'TeXBatchFlag' to '-int=batchmode' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpPassString' to '-progname=mpost' for 'tetex'
               setting : 'MpBatchFlag' to '-int=batchmode' for 'tetex'

          used setting : TeXShell = tetex
          used setting : SetupPath =
          used setting : UserInterface = en
          used setting : UsedInterfaces = en nl metafun mptopdf
          used setting : MpExecutable = mpost
          used setting : MpToTeXExecutable = mpto
          used setting : DviToMpExecutable = dvitomp
          used setting : TeXProgramPath =
          used setting : TeXFormatPath =
          used setting : ConTeXtPath =
          used setting : TeXScriptsPath =
          used setting : TeXExecutable = pdfetex
          used setting : TeXVirginFlag = -ini
          used setting : TeXPassString = -progname=context
          used setting : TeXFormatFlag = &
          used setting : FmtLanguage =
          used setting : FmtBodyFont =
          used setting : TcXPath =

      locating fmtutil : found
                --help   show this or more, e.g. '--help interface'
[gap2@pcp01974462pcs gap2]$ kpsewhich cont-en.efmt
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/cont-en.efmt
[gap2@pcp01974462pcs gap2]$ type texexec
texexec is hashed (/usr/bin/texexec)