* local environments
@ 2003-03-26  4:13 Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2003-03-26  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi:

I have a project with a few different types of documents, so I want to
set up a few local environments in the same global environment file.

Is the following a legitimate environment file?

\startenvironment Layout
    ... some global settings ...

    \startlocalenvironment[Alternative]
      ... some local settings ...
    \stoplocalenvironment

\stopenvironment

If it is legitimate, how do I specify that a document use the global
settings with specific settings from the local environment.
I tried

           \environment Layout
           \localenvironment Alternative

but any macros defined in the local environment are reported as undefined.

Thanks,

Matt

* Re: local environments
@ 2003-03-26 11:14 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-03-26 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:13:53 +0900
Matthew Huggett <mhuggett@zam.att.ne.jp> wrote:

> I have a project with a few different types of documents, so I want to
> set up a few local environments in the same global environment file.

I use modes for something like that. The mode is set in the product file
before loading environment files or components.

Jens