* Spacing problems with units
@ 2003-04-25 14:17 Maarten Sneep
From: Maarten Sneep @ 2003-04-25 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a spacing problem with the units module.

the sample code below shows the problem: an extra space is inserted
before the unit when used in mathmode.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Maarten Sneep

%% start sample code
\usemodule[units]

\unit[Wavelength]
	{\mathematics{\lambda}}
	{\Nano \Meter}

\starttext
\dots It is defined as $1/\Wavelength$ with \Wavelength\ the wavelength
in vacuum, expressed in \Centi \Meter \dots.

Notice the extra space before the $\lambda$ in the first paragraph. It
should have come out as $1/\lambda$.
\stoptext
%% end sample code

* Re: Spacing problems with units
@ 2003-04-25 14:56 ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2003-04-25 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 04:17:14PM +0200, Maarten Sneep wrote:
> I have a spacing problem with the units module.
>
> the sample code below shows the problem: an extra space is inserted
> before the unit when used in mathmode.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Maarten Sneep
>
> %% start sample code
> \usemodule[units]
>
> \unit[Wavelength]
> 	{\mathematics{\lambda}}
> 	{\Nano \Meter}
>
> \starttext
> \dots It is defined as $1/\Wavelength$ with \Wavelength\ the wavelength
> in vacuum, expressed in \Centi \Meter \dots.
>
> Notice the extra space before the $\lambda$ in the first paragraph. It
> should have come out as $1/\lambda$.
> \stoptext
> %% end sample code

When no number is preceeding the unit, you have to use the command \Unit:
$1/\Unit\Wavelength$.

Btw: Is it still planned to customize the spacing between numbers
and units in general?

--
Eckhart