* Strange error while generating format
@ 2003-04-28 23:32 Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2003-04-28 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, all--

I am trying to set up a new version of ConTeXt (the latest stable
version, I guess? I downloaded it from Pragma ADE yesterday). But when I
run 'texexec --make en' I get the following error:

 (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/page-imp.tex
 system (E-TEX) : [line 736] \dimexpr
 ! Undefined control sequence.
 l.743 \setuppaper

 ?

I say this is strange because I'm sure \setuppaper is defined--and if it
weren't, surely it would have been noticed and corrected by now. I think
all ConTeXt files are in their proper places ... at least, they are in
the same places they were in a previous working installation.

Some pertinent facts:

  TeX distribution: teTeX 1.0.2
  Major addons: pTeX 2.0  (but as far as I know this doesn't replace
      core files)
  Platform: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0

Maybe the files are getting loaded in the wrong order? But I can't think
of any reason why that might happen. Or have I missed some important
step?

P.S.: I think there's something missing from the installation guide
(minstall.pdf): teTeX users may need to edit $TEXMF/web2c/fmtutil.cnf in
order to enable texexec to find 'cont-*.ini'.

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)