* inverted (french) quotation marks for german documents
@ 2003-05-07 19:18 Helmut Schwertner
From: Helmut Schwertner @ 2003-05-07 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm starting with Context and have the following question. I want to achieve the inverted
(french) quotation marks for german documents. For example: >>househusband<<

With latex or pdflatex I use ">househusband"< or \frqq househusband\flqq but this
doesn't work in Context.

Many thanks for any help,

Helmut

Helmut Schwertner
eMail:  schwertner@t-online.de

* Re: inverted (french) quotation marks for german documents
@ 2003-05-08 19:57 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-05-08 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Helmut Schwertner wrote:
> With latex or pdflatex I use ">househusband"< or \frqq househusband\flqq but this
> doesn't work in Context.

(Can me some TeX expert (Hans?) tell me why
  \rightsubguillemot = \rightguillemot
I had expected that they are > and >> respectively.)

How about:

\installlanguage[de]
   [leftquote=\rightsubguillemot, rightquote=\leftsubguillemot,
    leftquotation=\rightguillemot,rightquotation=\leftguillemot]

\language[de]
And then:

 Hans sagt: \quotation{Hast Du die \quote{Matrix} gesehen?}

\bye

Tobias

* Re: inverted (french) quotation marks for german documents
@ 2003-05-09 10:01 ` Robbie Pickering
From: Robbie Pickering @ 2003-05-09 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Helmut Schwertner wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm starting with Context and have the following question. I want to achieve the inverted
>(french) quotation marks for german documents. For example: >>househusband<<
>
>With latex or pdflatex I use ">househusband"< or \frqq househusband\flqq but this
>doesn't work in Context.
>
>Many thanks for any help,

\setuplanguage [de] [rightquote=\leftguillemot,leftquote=\rightguillemot]
\language[de]

\starttext

He is a \quote{househusband.}

\stoptext