* OT Best font for online viewing.
@ 2003-05-12 19:48 John Culleton
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: John Culleton @ 2003-05-12 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

 built a document using the encoding for Palatino thus:

 \usetypescript[berry][ec]
\usetypescript[palatino][ec]
\setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]

The good news is I got the Palladio version of Palatino according
to Acrobat Reader 5.05. The bad news is that the characters are
distorted. When I blow them up 400% then they look OK.

In particular the capital T looks like someone trimmed part of
the top bar with a router. But lc letters look funky as well.

I know Lucida Bright is the favorite font for on-line use in
pragma-nl. But is there a regular (like, free) Adobe Font that
looks OK when used with Acrobat Reader? Or is there some other
setup improvement I need to make?

In GV the glyphs look a bit ragged but the artifacts like the
chopped up capital T are not present. So it is an Acrobat weakness.
But Acrobat Reader is the name of the game for e-books.

Free 20MB Web Site Hosting and Personalized E-mail Service!
Get It Now At Doteasy.com http://www.doteasy.com/et/