* missing tfm fonts
@ 2003-06-05 21:05 Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-06-05 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In type-enc.tex there is mentioning of "existing tfm and vf files we
provide", such as ec-upl*.*.

Are these really needed, and how do I obtain them? My Palatino metric
files have names like uplr8t.tfm.

Greetings

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing   There is something fascinating about science. One gets
hannes@ruhrau.de  such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a

* Re: missing tfm fonts
@ 2003-06-06 12:01 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2003-06-06 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:05:16 +0200
Johannes Hüsing <hannes@ruhrau.de> wrote:

> In type-enc.tex there is mentioning of "existing tfm and vf files we
> provide", such as ec-upl*.*.
>
> Are these really needed, and how do I obtain them? My Palatino metric
> files have names like uplr8t.tfm.

In the same file are lines such as:

    \definefontsynonym [ec-uplr8a] [uplr8t]  [encoding=ec]

creating a synonym for the existing tfm file. This should work without
any new files:

    \usetypescript[berry][ec]
    \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
    \setupbodyfont[palatino]

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Tales of War
http://sattre-press.com/                       by Lord Dunsany

* Re: missing tfm fonts
@ 2003-06-06 21:13   ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-06-06 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill McClain <wmcclain@salamander.com> [Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 02:01:36PM CEST]:
[...]
>     \usetypescript[berry][ec]
[...]

This was the necessary bit. Without it, the ec-upl variant would be
tried. Thank you very much!

Johannes