From: John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com>
Subject: Re: Table of Contents
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:08:42 -0400	[thread overview]

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 08:30 pm, John Culleton wrote:

> > > Thaniks Idris. The problem with Title and Subject is that they don't
> > > appear in the TOC in any case.  That was a half day of screwing around.
> >
> > Ah, yes. But in the final analysis, you can setup title to behave exactly
> > as chapter and vice versa.

Further on this issue. If I put a \chapter before the TOC then the contents of
the TOC disapear silently. If I put a \title before the TOC that works but
the title of course doesn't appear in theTOC.

If I change the definition of \title to match the one you gave me for \chapter
then again the contents of the TOC disappear silently.

If instead of changing the def of title I use the
\writebetweenlist....\writetolist commands then the title will appear in the
TOC but the pagenumber will be wrong.

Here is what my customer  want:s:
1. A TOC
2. No chapter or section numbers anywhere.
3. Certain blocks of text which occur before the TOC to be listed in the TOC
with the correct page number.

Any suggestions, anyone?

John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers