* Wrap-around.
@ 2003-06-26 16:53 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-06-26 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Context will place figures right or left. However Context will not AFAIK fit
text to an irregular illustration, or around an arc etc. TheTeXbook describes
a very tedious command:

\parshape
(p101)
which could allow one to fit the lines to an illustration, arc etc. by hand.
But the typesetter must calculate the distances beforehand.

Is there a higher level solution in Context?
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters & Indexers

* Re: Wrap-around.
@ 2003-06-26 18:08 ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2003-06-26 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> [Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 06:53:03PM CEST]:
> Context will place figures right or left. However Context will not AFAIK fit
> text to an irregular illustration, or around an arc etc. TheTeXbook describes
> a very tedious command:
>
> \parshape
> (p101)
> which could allow one to fit the lines to an illustration, arc etc. by hand.
> But the typesetter must calculate the distances beforehand.
>
> Is there a higher level solution in Context?

There is a MetaFun solution in section 10.5 of the MetaFun book as of Jan 9th,
2002.

Greetings

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing   There is something fascinating about science. One gets
hannes@ruhrau.de  such wholesale returns of conjecture from such a

* Re: Wrap-around.
@ 2003-06-26 22:58   ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-06-26 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 26 June 2003 02:08 pm, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
> John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> [Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 06:53:03PM
CEST]:
> > Context will place figures right or left. However Context will not AFAIK
> > fit text to an irregular illustration, or around an arc etc. TheTeXbook
> > describes a very tedious command:
> >
> > \parshape

> There is a MetaFun solution in section 10.5 of the MetaFun book as of Jan
> 9th, 2002.
>
> Greetings
>

> Johannes
AHA!
I looked it up. If Metafun were a medicine then it would have to bear a
warning label. It is instantly addictive. This is more than I hoped for.

Thanks, and I will bury myself in the manual.  See you in the Spring :-)
John Culleton
Able Typesetters & Indexers
http://wexfordpress.com