  • * Re: MetaPost backgrounds
           [not found] <20030810093048.5d6fc12b.md9per@mdstud.chalmers.se>
           [not found] ` <20030810205058.278afdf2.morawski@gmx.net>
    @ 2003-08-11 12:30 ` Hans Hagen
    From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-08-11 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

    At 09:30 10/08/2003 +0200, you wrote:
    >Hi everybody!
    >
    >I had some problems with backgrounds in a table. I wanted just a
    >horizontal line, but in different heights. The problem is that the line
    >will always be in the middle of the cell if I don't add more graphics.
    >See the example file below.

    well, it's just framed what is in charge there, so you can use

    \setupTABLE[width=2cm,height=2cm]
    \bTABLE[align={middle,lohi}]
    \bTR\bTD Some text\hairline And some more
    text that will
    apear below the other text\eTD\bTD Some
    text
    above\hairline  Some text below \eTD\eTR
    \eTABLE

    now, since spacing for a multiliner is suboptimal, you may put this in
    cont-new.tex:

    \def\vboxedhairline
       {\bgroup
        \dimen2=\ifboxhasoffset \localoffset \else \zeropoint \fi
        \dimen4=\dimen2
        \advance\dimen4 \ruledlinewidth
        \setbox0\vbox
          {\advance\hsize 2\dimen4
           \vskip\dimen2
           \hrule
             \!!height\ruledlinewidth
             \!!depth\zeropoint
             \!!width\hsize
           \vskip\dimen2}%
        \endgraf\obeydepth\nointerlineskip
        \moveleft\dimen4\box0
        \endgraf\nointerlineskip\localbegstrut
        \egroup}

    >\startuniqueMPgraphic{splittop}

    beware: unique graphics are reused, unless the mechanism is able to
    determine that something is different, see metafun

    Hans
                                       Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl