* TeXLive 8 and  Context
@ 2003-08-19  7:44 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-08-19  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I downloaded the latest (well yesterday's) version of the install iso for
TeXlive 8.  It is still beta.

Unlike TeXlive 7 Context did not work after install. The missing piece was the
little script: /usr/TeX/bin/i386-linux/texexec
So I copied that piece of code over from TeXlive 7 and waved my apprentice's
wand over the system a few times, per the instructions in texexec.rme:
cp ../texexec.rme texexec.ini
texexec --verbose
texexec --make
fmtutil --all
texhash
(The last two just for a security blanket)

...and I now have Context up and presumably running correctly.

So perhaps before TeXlive 8 becomes final final, someone should insert
that little script where it belongs in the distro.

To find the address for the beta google (groups ) under John Culleton and
TeXlive. Someone was kind enough to give it to me. Unfortunately my
 internet connection is almost kaput thanks to that stupid Microsoft virus. I
am connected but when I ping three packets I only get back one.

This message may get there someday. Or maybe not.

John Culleton

John Culleton

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-19  7:44 UTC | newest]