* Index sorting
@ 2003-08-26  9:22 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2003-08-26  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good morning.

I'm sorry that I bother you all once more with the same thing as a half
year ago, but I was unsuccessful. So:

How works the mechanism that sort items for the index? I have to write
down my own sorting system for the Czech language. (Mr. Hagen sent me
some files for customizing the ConTeXt for the Czech language, but it
didn't include index sorting.)

Well, I would appreciate some example, since the task is not so easy. In
the Czech for example `a' and `acaron' go under the same item `A', but
`acaron' is sorted after `a'. On the other hand, `ccaron' has its own
item in the index (under the item for `c'). And to be even more complex,
`ch' is one letter in the Czech, having its own item in the index.

Many thanks for any hint. (And one more apologize for bothering you once
again.)
Michal Kvasnicka

* Re: Index sorting
@ 2003-08-26 10:51 ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-08-26 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 05:22, Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> I'm sorry that I bother you all once more with the same thing as a
> half year ago, but I was unsuccessful. So:
>
> How works the mechanism that sort items for the index? I have to
> write down my own sorting system for the Czech language.

The Xindy program which works with TeX can sort for e.g. Czech. Try
googling on that name.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters