* OT: MP source docu
@ 2003-09-18 11:42 Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-09-18 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i'm currently writing a MP package and would like to have a printable
source documentation. 'texexec --module' does this job very well, but
there are two things that i would have changed for my documentation
(not in general):
- it always writes "ConTeXt" on top of the title page. Since my package
  is not related to ConTeXt, how can i replace it with a different title, i.e.
  the package name?
- how can i activate an other color palette for pretty printing of the
  MP code?

Thanks in advance

Jens

* Re: OT: MP source docu
@ 2003-09-18 12:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-18 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 13:42 18/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i'm currently writing a MP package and would like to have a printable
>source documentation. 'texexec --module' does this job very well, but
>there are two things that i would have changed for my documentation
>(not in general):
>- it always writes "ConTeXt" on top of the title page. Since my package
>   is not related to ConTeXt, how can i replace it with a different title,
> i.e.
>   the package name?

 >diff backup\s-mod-00.tex s-mod-00.tex
43a44
 >            system=\CONTEXT,
186c187
<           \TitleFrame{\CONTEXT}}
---
 >           \TitleFrame{\Modulesystem}}

this patch will honor ...,system=Whatever,... settings

>- how can i activate an other color palette for pretty printing of the
>   MP code?

something:

   \definecolor [colorprettyone]   [green]  % red
   \definecolor [colorprettytwo]   [red]    % green
   \definecolor [colorprettythree] [yellow] % blue
   \definecolor [colorprettyfour]  [blue]   % yellow

see core-ver for details on how palets are defined.

You can put this kind of setting somewhere in the file, after %M's

%M \define...

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: OT: MP source docu
@ 2003-09-18 19:11   ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-09-18 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:36:09 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> >- it always writes "ConTeXt" on top of the title page. Since my package
> >   is not related to ConTeXt, how can i replace it with a different title,
> > i.e.
> >   the package name?
>
>  >diff backup\s-mod-00.tex s-mod-00.tex
> 43a44
>  >            system=\CONTEXT,
> 186c187
> <           \TitleFrame{\CONTEXT}}
> ---
>  >           \TitleFrame{\Modulesystem}}
>
> this patch will honor ...,system=Whatever,... settings

this works fine..

> >- how can i activate an other color palette for pretty printing of the
> >   MP code?

>    \definecolor [colorprettyone]   [green]  % red
>    \definecolor [colorprettytwo]   [red]    % green
>    \definecolor [colorprettythree] [yellow] % blue
>    \definecolor [colorprettyfour]  [blue]   % yellow
>
> see core-ver for details on how palets are defined.
>
> You can put this kind of setting somewhere in the file, after %M's
>
> %M \define...

i've tried:

%M \definecolor [colorprettyone]   [r=1]
%M \definecolor [colorprettytwo]   [g=1]
%M \definecolor [colorprettythree] [b=1]
%M \definecolor [colorprettyfour]  [r=1,b=1]

since this hasn't  changed anything, i added
%M \definepalet
%M  [MPcolorpretty]
%M  [ prettyone=colorprettyone,
%M    prettytwo=colorprettytwo,
%M    prettythree=colorprettythree,
%M    prettyfour=colorprettyfour]

which did not help and even an additional
%M \setuptyping[MP][palet=MPcolorpretty]

still results in the default gray palet.

since the code in the .ted file is enclosed in \start|\stopdefinition
i even tried:
%M \setuptyping[definition][palet=MPcolorpretty]

but this results in full black text, no grays at all

I'm running texexec with color enabled:
texexec --pdf --color --module ...

so what i'm doing wrong?

TIA, Jens

* Re: OT: MP source docu
@ 2003-09-19  7:27     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-19  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 21:11 18/09/2003 +0200, you wrote

>%M \definecolor [colorprettyone]   [r=1]
>%M \definecolor [colorprettytwo]   [g=1]
>%M \definecolor [colorprettythree] [b=1]
>%M \definecolor [colorprettyfour]  [r=1,b=1]

this should come after the section with \module ...

>since this hasn't  changed anything, i added
>%M \definepalet
>%M  [MPcolorpretty]
>%M  [ prettyone=colorprettyone,
>%M    prettytwo=colorprettytwo,
>%M    prettythree=colorprettythree,
>%M    prettyfour=colorprettyfour]

>still results in the default gray palet.

did you use --mode=color ?

or add %M \setupcolors[state=start]

@ 2003-09-19 11:42       ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-09-19 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:27:24 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 21:11 18/09/2003 +0200, you wrote
>
> >%M \definecolor [colorprettyone]   [r=1]
> >%M \definecolor [colorprettytwo]   [g=1]
> >%M \definecolor [colorprettythree] [b=1]
> >%M \definecolor [colorprettyfour]  [r=1,b=1]
>
> this should come after the section with \module ...

it does

> >since this hasn't  changed anything, i added
> >%M \definepalet
> >%M  [MPcolorpretty]
> >%M  [ prettyone=colorprettyone,
> >%M    prettytwo=colorprettytwo,
> >%M    prettythree=colorprettythree,
> >%M    prettyfour=colorprettyfour]
>
> >still results in the default gray palet.
>
> did you use --mode=color ?

no, only --color, but now with --mode=color it has colored
output

> or add %M \setupcolors[state=start]
i did, without effect, but since --color writes
\setupcolors[\c!status=\v!start]
in texexec.tmp i think this should be enough.

\enablemode[color] seems to be the important setting.

However, now the problem is, that the \definecolor's have
no effect. The colors used are always the same. What typing mode
is used internally, so that i can assign the palet to that mode:
\setuptyping[<typing mode>][palet=<my palet>]
I tried 'MP' and 'definition' for <typing mode> without success.

Thanks again,
  Jens

* Re: OT: MP source docu
@ 2003-09-19 12:16         ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-09-19 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:42:05 +0200
Jens-Uwe Morawski <morawski@gmx.net> wrote:

> However, now the problem is, that the \definecolor's have
> no effect. The colors used are always the same. What typing mode
> is used internally, so that i can assign the palet to that mode:
> \setuptyping[<typing mode>][palet=<my palet>]
> I tried 'MP' and 'definition' for <typing mode> without success.

hmm, when i load the definitions using an environment file
texexec --env=print-env --module ...

it works. Setting up the print version this way seems to me more
appropriate. Thus, i'm happy now!

Many thanks,
  Jens