* \indenting[*hang*] ?!
@ 2003-09-19 12:28 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-09-19 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Is there a way to have something like \indenting[hang] ?

With the first line not indented, but the second and following lines?

First I thought this is what is ment by \indenting[next],
but \indenting[next] seems to be exactly the same as
\indenting[first], is this right?

Always happy for replies,

Steffen

* Re: \indenting[*hang*] ?!
@ 2003-09-19 16:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-19 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 14:28 19/09/2003 +0200, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to have something like \indenting[hang] ?
>
>With the first line not indented, but the second and following lines?
>

>First I thought this is what is ment by \indenting[next],
>but \indenting[next] seems to be exactly the same as \indenting[first], is
>this right?

kind of tricky, since settings to hangindent and alike are forgotten when
the setup is followed by an empty line;

there is \starthanging ... \stophanging now

but ... if we can assume that users start tagging their paragraphs with
\bpar .. \epar i can imagine that we provide something \indenting [hang],
so the question is: are you willing to tag

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: \indenting[*hang*] ?!
@ 2003-09-19 19:07   ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-09-19 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:52:03 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> At 14:28 19/09/2003 +0200, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is there a way to have something like \indenting[hang] ?
> >
> >With the first line not indented, but the second and following lines?
> >

> >First I thought this is what is ment by \indenting[next],
> >but \indenting[next] seems to be exactly the same as \indenting[first], is
> >this right?
>
> kind of tricky, since settings to hangindent and alike are forgotten when
> the setup is followed by an empty line;
>
> there is \starthanging ... \stophanging now
>
> but ... if we can assume that users start tagging their paragraphs with
> \bpar .. \epar i can imagine that we provide something \indenting [hang],
> so the question is: are you willing to tag

imo, the question is: what has hanging to do with indenting?
Aren't these things completely different matters?
If yes, please don't spoil \indenting with that.

\setuphanging already exists, an option 'atbpar=on' (or something more
pleasant) should suit the needs IMO better.

Jens

* Re: \indenting[*hang*] ?!
@ 2003-09-19 19:54 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-09-19 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jens-Uwe Morawski <morawski@gmx.net> wrote:

>  On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:52:03 +0200
>  Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>  > At 14:28 19/09/2003 +0200, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>  > >Hi,
>  > >
>  > >Is there a way to have something like \indenting[hang] ?
>  > >
>  > >With the first line not indented, but the second and following lines?
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >First I thought this is what is ment by \indenting[next],
>  > >but \indenting[next] seems to be exactly the same as \indenting[first], is
>  > >this right?
>  >
>  > kind of tricky, since settings to hangindent and alike are forgotten when
>  > the setup is followed by an empty line;
>  >
>  > there is \starthanging ... \stophanging now

Ah!

>  > but ... if we can assume that users start tagging their paragraphs with
>  > \bpar .. \epar i can imagine that we provide something \indenting [hang],
>  > so the question is: are you willing to tag
>
>  imo, the question is: what has hanging to do with indenting?
>  Aren't these things completely different matters?
>  If yes, please don't spoil \indenting with that.
>
>  \setuphanging already exists...

Hi Hans, hi Jens!

There is always another surprise in ConTexT. I mean:
How should I know? My sources are Hans's manuals + the list-archiv.
Neither in the manuals nor in the archive \setuphanging or
\starthanging is mentioned...

So I am sorry for asking for things that maybe already exist!

But now I have to ask: how do I use \setuphanging or \starthanging actually?
Is there some kind of documentation or at least a minimal example somewhere?

Thanks for the lessons.

Steffen