* \inmargin{} problems with typsetting inmargin texts
@ 2003-10-12 20:20 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-10-12 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I got a text, where the left i.e. the inner margin is small (.8cm) and the
right margin is larger (1.7cm). This layout is intended for a doublesided
print.
On different places I have to insert a \inmargin{\bf Let op!} (i.e. pay
attention). The strange thing is, that on lefthandpages the inmargin text
is typset in the left (outer) margin but it is typeset on two lines,
indicating that the measures of the leftmargin of the righthandpage is
used. - Is this a normal behaviour or otherwise how can I instruct ConTeXt
to use the whole width of the left i.e. outer margin?

Thanks for advising

Willi

* Re: \inmargin{} problems with typsetting inmargin texts
@ 2003-10-12 21:15 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2003-10-12 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:20:30 +0200
Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> wrote:

> The strange thing is, that on lefthandpages the inmargin text
> is typset in the left (outer) margin but it is typeset on two lines,
> indicating that the measures of the leftmargin of the righthandpage is
> used.

Does \showframe show symmetrical left and right margin areas?

I have a margin notes example on my help page. I define the right and
left margin areas explicitly like so:

\setuplayout[backspace=0.9375in, width=3.25in,
        rightmargindistance=.25in, rightmargin=1.125in,
        leftmargindistance=.25in, leftmargin=1.125in]

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                            Curiosities of the Sky
http://sattre-press.com/                    by Garrett Serviss