* Interrupted framebox around text.
@ 2003-10-28 12:25 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-10-28 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to set up several framed text passages in my document, where
the title of the passage actually interrupts the top line of the box
thus:

-----My title-------------------------------------------
| Blah blah.                                                  |
|_________________________________ |

I have seen such a configuration in books  prepared using other
software. Can it be done easily in Context (without involving
Metapost etc.)?
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers

* Re: Interrupted framebox around text.
@ 2003-10-28 12:49 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-10-28 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com> writes:

Hi,

> I have seen such a configuration in books  prepared using other
> software. Can it be done easily in Context (without involving
> Metapost etc.)?

What is wrong about metapost? There is a nice example in the metafun
handbook.

Patrick

--
You are your own rainbow!

* Re: Interrupted framebox around text.
@ 2003-10-28 12:54 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-10-28 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 07:25:40AM -0500, John Culleton wrote:
> I want to set up several framed text passages in my document, where
> the title of the passage actually interrupts the top line of the box
> thus:
>
> -----My title-------------------------------------------

In cont-eni.pdf (p 249, 11.4 Lines and Frames in ConTeXt the manual)
I found this command:
\textrule[.1.]{.2.}
.1. top bottom
.2. text

An example:

\textrule[top]{Instruments}
Some artists mention the instruments that they use during the production
of their \kap{CD}. In Peter Gabrielss \quote {Digging in the dust} he used
the {\em diembe}, {\em tama} and {\em surdu}. The information on another
song mentions the {\em doudouk}. Other \quote {unknown} instruments are
used on his \kap{cd} \quote {Passion}.
\textrule

\setuptextrules[..,..=..,..]
location 	left inmargin
before 		command
after 		command
inbetween 	command
width 		dimension
distance 	dimension
bodyfont 	5pt ... 12pt small big
color 		name
style		normal bold slanted boldslanted type cap small... command
rulecolor	name

These is also a \start-\stop alternative. This one also honors the
 bodyfont parameter.

Tobias