From: John Culleton <john@wexfordpress.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Shutting down Acrobat Reader.
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:58:15 -0500	[thread overview]

On Monday 27 October 2003 20:44, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Thanks for your hint. There is an anomaly if I call Acrobat
> > Reader from within Gvim session but if I just call Acrobat
> > reader from a button or a command line everything works
> > perfectly.

Just FYI the anomaly is that the full screen window is offset down and
to the right, and with no title bar to latch on to it is hard to move
the window  back to where it belongs.

> what version of the Acrobat Reader are you using and what OS? I
> can't make it work here. Perhaps the MacOS X Acroread does not
> support this. "Don't you dare to quit Acrobat Reader" :)
>
> Patrick

Well, it works on the same pdf file in two locations: on Linux using
Acrobat Reader 5.05, and on Win 98 SE using Acrobat Reader 5.1.

I guess I will have to ask some kind soul who has a newer Windows to
test the function  for me on Acrobat Reader 6x. Any volunteers?

Windows users are in the vast majority and hence the target market for
the e-book I am crafting.

(sidebar)
I tried to download Acrobat Reader 6.0 to the Win 98SE partition, but
then it said I needed to upgrade Internet Explorer and that got into
an endless loop and.... (I don't use Windows much!)

 So I downloaded Acrobat Reader 5.1 for Windows 98 via Linux (!) and
moved it over to the Desktop folder on the Win partition. It works
fine.
(end sidebar)
--
John Culleton