* Installing Garamond
@ 2003-11-18  1:39 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2003-11-18  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to install my newly purchased Adobe AGaramond following the
example in Bill McCLain's _Beginner's Guide_.  I keep getting warning
messages like:

Warning: pdfetex (file texnansi-raw-LT50567): Font
texnansi-raw-LT50567 at 600
not found

Warning: pdfetex (file texnansi-raw-LT50566): Font
texnansi-raw-LT50566 at 600
not found
</u/usr/TeX/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr6.pfb>
Warning: pdfetex (file texnansi-raw-gdsc): Font texnansi-raw-gdsc at
600 not found

the only change I made ot the fonts was to change the suffixes from
AFM to afm and PFB to pfb (I run LInux.)  then I ran texfont with the
following statement:
texfont.pl \
--fontroot=/u/usr/TeX/texmf-local  \
--sourcepath=/tmp/fonts \
--vendor=adobe \
--collection=agaramond \
--makepath --install

I put a reference to the generated map file in pdftex.cfg and linked
that mapfile to the same directory as pdftex.map. The tfm, vf etc
files all exist.

Any hints? any debugging tricks?
--
John Culleton