(Sorry if this is the wrong list, I could not find a better one.) I recently used texexec to select a given page from a file (attached) of three pages: texexec --pdfselect --selection=2 --result=cover2-tx.pdf covers.pdf It worked fine, but bnb noticed that the resulting cover2-tx.pdf was different then the original: it is offset to the right by a pica or so, and the "TUGboat" is moved down a similar amount. When I extract the same page from the same file with gs: gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=cover2-gs.pdf \ -dFirstPage=2 -dLastPage=2 covers.pdf -c quit the result is correct, i.e., the extracted page is identical (as far as I can tell) to the original. This happens with texexec 4.0 (and also with 2.8 and 3.1). This is just FYI in case it's a bug you want to fix ... karl